A Few Problems (PS3 Version)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Few Problems (PS3 Version)

Just need some help with some things. Last night I tried to do co-op with some people who have the US version, I have the UK copy. But it wouldn't work. It said 'Package 'Core' is not downloadable'. I was also unable to follow them into a game. Is this problem going to be fixed?

Also how do you speak in a game? Do you have to press a button?

And finally, mods. I have imported new game types such as Mutant and Multi Team Deathmatch. But when I search for them in an online match, these match types don't show up. Why? Will this be fixed? It essentially makes these mods useless online.

Thanks for all the help.

US vs UK will be availabe after new patch comes out. and to talk press right on d-pad.(kinda stupid to have to push down a bottun!) and the reason for games not showing up is because the other people playing online have not downloaded those mods. hope that helped

Comment

Thanks very much!

Does anyone have any idea when the new patch will be out?

Do you have to hold down right on the d-pad to talk? Could they have picked a worse button, if you have to hold it down?

As for the mods, it does come up with games when I search for mod game types, it's just they aren't the game type I searched for!

Also when you have a list of servers, what does the UT logo next to the name mean?

Thanks!

Comment

not sure when the patch is coming out...everyone's waiting impatiently!!! hopfully very soon. it will be posted on this forum as soon as it does.

yes...you must hold down the right d-pad bottun which is the stupidest thing ever! people have requested to change this in the new patch.

As for mod servers all i know is that everyone playing needs to have the same downloads

As for the UT logo i believe it shows what people are playing with. The logo means people are playing with controllers and mouse logo shows people playing with a keyboard and mouse

Comment

no official release date for the ps3 patch, the guys are probably working on it. pc version patch came out recently.

you can remap the pad using, the input "settings". btw you have to hold down L3 button to speak in RFOM and many other games.

ps3 mods are available here, make sure you are using the correct folder for your own game version.

dunno about the "Unreal" logo... this is probably about the guy who had created/hosted the game?

Comment

Thanks. I do have the mods btw. They work and everything, it's just when I search for a game type that is a mode, it comes up with servers, the servers just aren't running that game type.

Also, how do I know if I am joining a pure server?

And you know you can get kill streaks, blue streaks, monster kills etc. What do you have to do to get these things. For instance it is 5 kills without dieing to get a kill streak.

Thanks.

Comment

have you tried hosting a game with your mods? what game mode are you trying to play?
              many people don't use mod content so your not going to find much yet

pure servers will say dedicated when you look at the server info - also there's an option to search for pure servers only if you just want to play on them (custom servers say False)

Comment

The "U" logo next to a game in the server browser means tha tthe game is "pure" (it has no mutators or mods running on it)

Comment

Originally posted by B1ack_Magic View Post
                  Thanks. I do have the mods btw. They work and everything, it's just when I search for a game type that is a mode, it comes up with servers, the servers just aren't running that game type.

Also, how do I know if I am joining a pure server?

And you know you can get kill streaks, blue streaks, monster kills etc. What do you have to do to get these things. For instance it is 5 kills without dieing to get a kill streak.

Thanks.
                  My guess is that when the search is being completed, the server the search pulled was probably running the mod you were looking for. Or possibly has it in the map list of available maps to be played on that particular server.

It sounds as thou the UK version might have more features than the US. I don't know that you can search for specific mods on the US version. I have the US version and don't recall ever seeing this option, maybe I just didn't look for it.

Comment

He's talking about searching for gametypes. In the same way that you can search for Deathmatch, Warfare, etc., once you have installed a new gametype such as Mutant, Elimination etc., you can search for them too. Only it doesn't work (at least it doesn't on PS3, not sure about the PC version).

See ut3mod.com's page hosting the Elimination gametype mod: http://www.ut3mod.com/2008/01/game-t...imination.html

Bug: You will not be able to search for this game type among the servers online, but you can always invite your friends to join you in Elimination or get lucky and find a server that has Elimination running. When running a server online please indicate "Elimination" in the description to make it easier for players to find.

Comment

if u cant hear someone it doesnt ur fault.. the voice chat must be fixed too! were waiting 2 months now for a fix. im from eu too & got the us version. i hope epic can give us a patch in 4-6 monthss.....

a version fix asap!

Comment

Originally posted by xFirexIcex View Post
                        The "U" logo next to a game in the server browser means tha tthe game is "pure" (it has no mutators or mods running on it)

and to answer the question about kill streaks.....

Multi - 3
                        Mega - 4
                        Ultra - 5
                        Monster - 6

Killing Spree - 3
                        Rampage - 6
                        Dominating - 15
                        Unstoppable - 25
                        Godlike - 30
                        Massacre -35

and i blieve you need 15 kills to get a streak with that weapon
                        15 kills with enforcer for gunslinger...etc.

Comment

Originally posted by DaKilla84 View Post
                          WTF?! mods and mutators have nothing to do with a server being pure
                          they do m8, i think it even mentions it in the game manual. try a few games of instagib and then look for your kill stats.

Comment

sorry im full of ##it

Comment

Working...
                            X