• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    ty all 4 replying

Leave a comment:

• replied
    "Mod" is a shorter term for "Modification"

Essentially, ANY Map, Vehicle, Weapon, Gametype, Mutator (Allows changing of things in the game), etc is a Mod.

By the by, I had UT3 on PS3, but I ditched my PS3 since I only ever play on PC. BUT, the game is practically identical on the PS3 (a slight bit lower on the eye-candy level, but still very, very close) and I think it is definitely one of the better FPS games on the market.

I may be a smidge biased, since COD4 is sooooo much like sooooo many other war games.

As for the issues, they are slight for the most part and the majority of the community runs the game fine.

Within the year, after a few patches, this game will be as rock-solid as any other (and probably then some) and I am certain the player base will shoot up over the course of the months after the upcoming PS3 patch.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You should buy it. It's a great game and is solid. I would not agree at all that it "should not have been released". True, it's got some issues, the biggest probably being the voice support not working. As I don't own a headset I just go on to frag and have great games every time. Playing in the EU Midway servers is great, ping seems excellent in those. Thats what I was waiting for. Even in user created servers the performance is usually very good when making sure to join lower ping servers.

If it's true that a patch is to be accounced next week things should improve.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    a mod in this regard is a user created map, model, gamemode etc

as for getting it on ps3 i'd say wait until epic release some info and a timeframe for a patch (should be announced next week) as peeps are dropping the game because its taken too long and the game is broken atm

Leave a comment:

• replied
    bumpidittyBUMP

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ty all 4 posting. also wats a mod? is a mod like a moderator of a forums to keep control of it. or is it sumthing completely different on ut:3

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by FromHereOn View Post
    UT3 on PS3 has the potential to smoke out Call of Duty 4 as an FPS.

Having a CTF mode is almost enough for me.

The voice chat is currently trashed. It may be fixed in the near future, but I've been told that for a very long time.

Proceed with caution if $60 is a big hit to your wallet.
    its £50 out of my dad wallet lololol

Leave a comment:

• replied
    yes - this is great game and really very good PS3 implementation

Leave a comment:

• replied
    UT3 on PS3 has the potential to smoke out Call of Duty 4 as an FPS.

Having a CTF mode is almost enough for me.

The voice chat is currently trashed. It may be fixed in the near future, but I've been told that for a very long time.

Proceed with caution if $60 is a big hit to your wallet.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    NO PC imo

Leave a comment:

• replied
    sure. there are some bugs. but still....this is UT!!! best game ever. and mods are cool

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I bought this game on friday here in the uk. It is awesome. I have only had a few problems such as , the game freezing my ps3 when joining a midway server, but other than that, it ROCKS.

I highly recommend that you get it, as any problems should soon be sorted out with a patch.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i live in the UK so will it not work here cuz of those issues that people are having in the links u posted abuv?

is it working for ppl hu jus bought it yesterday in UK?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Do not buy this game for PS3 it has so many issues and I really regret buying it. I know people that have had it trouble free but there's also lots of other people out there with many problems. This game is basically broken and should never have been released. Unless it gets fixed soon I'll be getting rid and will never buy an Epic game again.

If you want an idea of the kind of issues people are facing please check out the following links.

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=603969
    http://www.community.eu.playstation....d.php?t=219436

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by NedroidicusPrime View Post
    yeah, but it largely depends on what you are connecting to, and if you have your wifi setup right.

I highly recommend getting UT3 on PS3. Mark said that they would make an announcement about a PS3 patch sometime next week, so you don't have to worry about being left in the dark. Also, you can get mods and user-created maps on your PS3, and that is pretty darn cool.
    i can get mods? sorry im new to unreal tournament series cud u plz explain?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X