No announcement yet.

These can't be high graphics....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I mean not for nothing, but anyone here notice that a lot of companies are going the way of "low quality textures with some layer of bumpmapping to make the game SEEM like it has higher quality graphics"? First Doom 3, now this.

I think the PS3 version shows what I mean a lot better than the PC version does, though.

Comment

Originally posted by The War Keeper View Post
      so its the second time youre wrong in this thread.
      No my friend, you're wrong cuz I'm just stating my opinion and an opinion can never be wrong, cuz that's your own view on something. My opinion is that UT3 has better gameplay over 2k4 and I play UT3 almost only now. There's nothing wrong with that.

Comment

Originally posted by ShmengeTravel View Post
        I mean not for nothing, but anyone here notice that a lot of companies are going the way of "low quality textures with some layer of bumpmapping to make the game SEEM like it has higher quality graphics"? First Doom 3, now this.
        Yeah i noticed that within the last 2 years or so. Rainbow Six Vegas was my first real real noticable "wtf is up with these textures" game. The next game that i owned where every single thing was bump mapped was Quake Wars...
        Its really odd that every single surface/object looks like it fell off a cliff and then put back together. Im currently playing UT3 without the bumpmaps mainly for performance sake...

Comment

I really dont see the point in complaining about graphics these days anymore. You must have never played on the Atari 2600.

Comment

I got a new Quad Q9300 processor on an new TRI SLI EVGA board with 3 8800 Ultra's. The graphics are simply impeccable:

Comment

Originally posted by [TT]BrundleFly View Post
              I got a new Quad Q9300 processor on an new TRI SLI EVGA board with 3 8800 Ultra's. The graphics are simply impeccable:

LOL Nice one

Comment

The PS3 version looks much better than that and all "great" screenshots i've seen on the PC. Highest settings on my high-end PC is far from as beautiful as it is on the PS3.

Comment

Originally posted by Robin View Post
                  The PS3 version looks much better than that and all "great" screenshots i've seen on the PC. Highest settings on my high-end PC is far from as beautiful as it is on the PS3.
                  Then either your PC isn't really high end, or you lack eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Harmatia View Post
                    Then either your PC isn't really high end, or you lack eyes.
                    Possibly. But if Crysis both runs and looks much better than UT3 on system this expensive, the PC version can go to hell.

Comment

Well I have to disagree with that (of course it is a matter of opinion so there is no right or wrong just a matter of perception) ... I have both and running the game in 1680x1050 with all settings maxed and PP set to Vivid looks far more detailed and sharper than the game looks on my 720p HDTV ... could by my set though since its not an LCD HDTV but all my other games like Gears for example look excellent so I doubt that is it.

Comment

Possibly. But if Crysis both runs and looks much better than UT3, the PC version can go to hell.
                        Well on Vista Crysis maxed out (Very High) in 1680x1050 DOES NOT perform better than UT3 maxed out in 1680x1050. Plus UT3 uses 16xAF at Max ... while Crysis uses 8xAF at Very High ... Now maybe in DX9 mode when you are just using the High settings in Crysis the performance is comparable but I can't agree that Crysis runs better than UT3 ... and especially on lower end single core cpus with older series graphics cards (like the 7900 series from nVidia).

Comment

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
                          Well on Vista Crysis maxed out (Very High) in 1680x1050 DOES NOT perform better than UT3 maxed out in 1680x1050. Plus UT3 uses 16xAF at Max ... while Crysis uses 8xAF at Very High ... Now maybe in DX9 mode when you are just using the High settings in Crysis the performance is comparable but I can't agree that Crysis runs better than UT3 ... and especially on lower end single core cpus with older series graphics cards (like the 7900 series from nVidia).
                          I always use 4xAF in all games, and no AA (since it really isn't necessary in a 1440*900 res imo). Close up to models UT3 really isn't as crispy at all. I love this game (and don't really care about how it looks), but Crysis looks better "on my system", if saying that can turn down the degrees on the flames coming my way down a little.

Comment

I wasn't talking about looks ... that is definitely a matter of opinion and I have no problem at all with people who think Crysis LOOKS better. But you said it runs better and that is what I was addressing if you reread what I have said you will see that is what I was talking about. Its cool if you like the way Crysis looks better ... that is definitely your choice.

Comment

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
                              I wasn't talking about looks ... that is definitely a matter of opinion and I have no problem at all with people who think Crysis LOOKS better. But you said it runs better and that is what I was addressing if you reread what I have said you will see that is what I was talking about. Its cool if you like the way Crysis looks better ... that is definitely your choice.
                              The exact same settings, Crysis performs better AND looks better on my system, is my point, which contradicts Your last post. So what You're talking about doesn't apply to me.

No sweat, Anuban, we're cool.

Comment

^^^ Are you using Vista/DX10 and Very High Settings for Crysis? I'm just curious. I have never heard anyone else say that Crysis performs better than UT3 at high settings at a high resolution is my point. Maybe the way the memory and system handles textures at lower resolutions makes a difference though.

Comment

Working...
                                X