Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

These can't be high graphics....

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    Originally posted by capthappy8p View Post
    i wish people would stop compaining about "its not UT to have....or not have....". Come on people UT3 is unreal tournament, updated to compete with the newer games out, same old arena style shooter that we all know and love.

    About the graphics comparison, Im sorry I can compare games from 2 totally diffrent engines, but geeze this game was made when the 6800 and the x800 was the ****.
    im sorry but youre contradicting yourself mate...
    glad youre not a reviewer else you would say
    the Game Unreal Tournament 3 totally beated the **** out of the new Hospital Construction made in France...

    Or:

    Rambo 4 movie pwns Shreck 2 cause i mean look at shreck 2... such an unrealistic movie...

    Comment


      #32
      The War Keeper : I wasn't comparing the games, I was talking about the graphical quality of the environments which by rights HL2 should show more detail and density as I explained above. The engines are really not that far apart in age UE3 has been available in some form for a few years to developers and you said yourself the Source engine receives updates. HL2 episode two is not years old.

      Comment


        #33
        Originally posted by Luseferous View Post
        The War Keeper : I wasn't comparing the games, I was talking about the graphical quality of the environments which by rights HL2 should show more detail and density as I explained above. The engines are really not that far apart in age UE3 has been available in some form for a few years to developers and you said yourself the Source engine receives updates. HL2 episode two is not years old.
        oh well im disapointed with this comment mate.
        how about this make huge maps like in hl2 with ut3 engine, with same gfx quality as they are now... you will get what? 1 fps with a 8800gtx card?
        right again compare similar games mate else you wont get decent results.

        Comment


          #34
          Originally posted by The War Keeper View Post
          im sorry but youre contradicting yourself mate...
          glad youre not a reviewer else you would say
          the Game Unreal Tournament 3 totally beated the **** out of the new Hospital Construction made in France...

          Or:

          Rambo 4 movie pwns Shreck 2 cause i mean look at shreck 2... such an unrealistic movie...
          my presonal taste says that ut3 looks better. i never said that ut3 played better or was a better game. but the amount of technology put into ut3 compared to HL2 is on 2 diffrent levels, thats why I think ut3 looks better.

          also u cant tell me that no one here compared UT99 graphics to quake3 at some point, both arena shooters diffrent art styles.

          Comment


            #35
            Originally posted by capthappy8p View Post
            my presonal taste says that ut3 looks better. i never said that ut3 played better or was a better game. but the amount of technology put into ut3 compared to HL2 is on 2 diffrent levels, thats why I think ut3 looks better.

            also u cant tell me that no one here compared UT99 graphics to quake3 at some point, both arena shooters diffrent art styles.
            they are both arena shooters, they are both futuristic and they both have online support, not to mention that they are both about frag...
            hl2 is not arena shooter, is not about unrealistic futuristic massive gore and its not about online support.
            by this i mean ut and quake always has been about shooting and kill them all!.. hl2 ep2 is more like questing, some helping the mankind and travelling to the big objective to end the mankind slavery...
            beying fps doesnt mean you can compare the games, why dont you compare Oblivion to COD4? i mean they are both fps... -.-

            Comment


              #36
              this is leading nowhere... i doubt this thread will be usefull to epic or to we ut3 players, hope this gets deleted before resulting in a flame war.

              Comment


                #37
                You forget that the graphics card is only drawing what is visible on the screen not the entire map. If you want to see UE3 display a large open vista run up WAR-Torlan and fly up to the central tower have a look around, 1fps ?

                Comment


                  #38
                  Originally posted by The War Keeper View Post
                  this is leading nowhere... i doubt this thread will be usefull to epic or to we ut3 players, hope this gets deleted before resulting in a flame war.
                  Such an ironic statement from someone who was dragging the thread down for 50% of it.

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Originally posted by The War Keeper View Post
                    they are both arena shooters, they are both futuristic and they both have online support.
                    hl2 is not arena shooter, is not about unrealistic futuristic massive gore and its not about online support.
                    by this i mean ut and quake always has been about shooting and kill them all!.. hl2 ep2 is more like questing.
                    beying fps doesnt mean you can compare the games, why dont you compare Oblivion to Battlefield? i mean they are both fps... -.-
                    ugh ok "mate" so if were to take a screenshot of UT3 and show it to someone and ask them to compare it graphically to another game (you pick it) which one will they pick? the one that looks better. Im not comparing the gameplay of both, HL2 single player bliss, UT3 MP franatically, but with ut99 and quake3 very diffrent art styles. Q3 satanic/demonic art style, ut99 indutrial space art design.

                    Comment


                      #40
                      Originally posted by Luseferous View Post
                      You forget that the graphics card is only drawing what is visible on the screen not the entire map. If you want to see UE3 display a large open vista run up WAR-Torlan and fly up to the central tower have a look around, 1fps ?
                      lool you call that a large map? thats seriously rofl...
                      do you even know what a large map is?
                      its about 10 times larger than any official map in ut3... which eats performance and quite alot.
                      mate play some World of Warcraft or Crysis or hell even Half Life 2 Ep 2, then you will find out what a large map means.

                      Comment


                        #41


                        i think the game looks nice...
                        maxed @ 1680x1050

                        Comment


                          #42
                          Originally posted by The War Keeper View Post
                          lool you call that a large map? thats seriously rofl...
                          do you even know what a large map is?
                          its about 10 times larger than any official map in ut3... which eats performance and quite alot.
                          on my rig ut3 runs better on large maps like torlan

                          Comment


                            #43
                            Originally posted by The War Keeper View Post
                            lool you call that a large map? thats seriously rofl...
                            do you even know what a large map is?
                            its about 10 times larger than any official map in ut3... which eats performance and quite alot.
                            How much of this large map do you get see all at once ?

                            Comment


                              #44
                              ok im going to end this any replies made will be ignored from now on feel free to claim whatever you ppl want it wont change the facts that they are both diferent games and they both have to be designed differently.
                              GL and HF

                              Comment


                                #45
                                sry got lag and made a double post.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X