No announcement yet.

These can't be high graphics....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i havent played a source game in a while. If i were to compare two screenshots, id say UT3 has way more bumpmaps on their engine. Hl2 and CSS are pretty flat, but they seem to have higher texture resolutions. The shadow quality in source games are pretty low but they are modifiable. If you want a bloom/post processing comparison, then UT3 would win.

Comment

Originally posted by Taboen View Post
      Kaiwa said its not about the graphics but about the gameplay. 'Story, Imagination, quality coding, quality sounds, decent performance, decent features' are all part of the gameplay aswell, ofcourse this counts.
      If those things are going to be considered elements of gameplay then why exclude graphics from the definition? Depending on the game visuals can be a huge part of the gameplay.

Comment

People complain about graphics quality, yet I prefer playing with low quality settings in this game due to better visibility and less eyestrain. And I even have a nice system right now, E8400 @ 4.0GHz (500x8), 2x1GB RAM @ DDR2-1000 4-4-4-8 and 8800GT 512MB @ 715/1750/1030 MHz which runs this game at 100 ~ 150 FPS with high quality settings at 1280x960 @ 100Hz which is the resolution I use with my 19" CRT. I had preferred the low quality look but with better texture quality, UT2k4 graphics were perfect to me.

UT has never been about graphics, but gameplay IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by RPGWiZaRD View Post
          ofc it had been about graphics too... why do you think we have ut3 then? ut2k4 engine worked perfectly fine... it only lacked what? gfx? thats why they made unreal engine 3 so ya it has to do about graphics...

Comment

People complain about graphics quality, yet I prefer playing with low quality settings in this game due to better visibility and less eyestrain. And I even have a nice system right now, E8400 @ 4.0GHz (500x8), 2x1GB RAM @ DDR2-1000 4-4-4-8 and 8800GT 512MB @ 715/1750/1030 MHz which runs this game at 100 ~ 150 FPS with high quality settings at 1280x960 @ 100Hz which is the resolution I use with my 19" CRT.

I like eye candy more,but then again i`m no pro player.
            I just play for fun or pass some time i have spare.

Comment

You think hl2 ep2 looks better than UT3? 0.o

Comment

Originally posted by The War Keeper View Post
                ofc it had been about graphics too... why do you think we have ut3 then? ut2k4 engine worked perfectly fine... it only lacked what? gfx? thats why they made unreal engine 3 so ya it has to do about graphics...
                UT2k4 lacked Hoverboard + grapple system. I can't go play vCTF and Onslaught these days in UT2k4 as I get bored how long it takes going by feet to one node to another.

IMO UT3 is an improvement in gameplay over UT2k4 even, I'd only wanna see more maps and more players.

Comment

UT2k4 lacked Hoverboard + grapple system. I can't go play vCTF and Onslaught these days in UT2k4 as I get bored how long it takes going by feet to one node to another.

IMO UT3 is an improvement in gameplay over UT2k4 even, I'd only wanna see more maps and more players.
                  actually theres this thing called vehicle? without needing the "hoverboard" which i find it plain silly to be added to a war game like ut, and in ut2k4 you could enter some vehicles instead on going over a "hoverboard" in ut3.... ofc you couldnt enter a raptor or a manta but you could enter the slow ones such as hellbender, goliath and more...
                  in ut3 you cant dodge jump, theres so much to talk about of what ut3 doesnt have over ut2k4.
                  Yet you claim ut3 is more improved over ut2k4, and actually i find it laughable.
                  Ut3 has gfx quality, ut2k4 has the rest
                  so its the second time youre wrong in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by The War Keeper View Post
                    actually theres this thing called vehicle? without needing the "hoverboard" which i find it plain silly to be added to a war game like ut
                    Agreed Hoverboards are really not in keeping with the theme of the game but then again they do work well and are pretty good fun.

I can't really see how people are saying that HL2 has better graphics, you may prefer the style but the amount of detail and the quality of the environments is way way better in UT3. Combine troopers looked good though

Comment

Originally posted by Luseferous View Post
                      Agreed Hoverboards are really not in keeping with the theme of the game but then again they do work well and are pretty good fun.

I can't really see how people are saying that HL2 has better graphics, you may prefer the style but the amount of detail and the quality of the environments is way way better in UT3. Combine troopers looked good though
                      no one said hl2 has better graphics, what i was saying was hl2 episode 2 has an updated valve engine which will give you even better graphics quality while maintaining a very high level of performance, you cant possibly compare hl2 to ut3, they really are diferent games... unless both create the same game theme its impossible to compare.

Comment

Yes they are different game types but HL2 episode x is a single player 'quest' style fps which place more focus on the environments as they a larger role in the game. (as game play is generally slower you get time to look about more and there is the whats around then next corner ? element.) In an arena style game they just provide a backdrop to the action and are not really such a integral part of the game. Really what I'm getting at is making everything look like Q2 would hurt a single player quest style game more than an arena game imo. So if UT3 an arena game has more detailed environments than HL2. that can only speak in its favor.

Comment

Yes they are different game types but HL2 episode x is a single player 'quest' style fps which place more focus on the environments as they a larger role in the game. (as game play is generally slower you get time to look about more and there is the whats around then next corner ? element.) In an arena style game they just provide a backdrop to the action and are not really such a integral part of the game. Really what I'm getting at is making everything look like Q2 would hurt a single player quest style game more than an arena game imo. So if UT3 an arena game has more detailed environments than HL2. that can only speak in its favor.
                          Very well said.

Comment

Originally posted by Luseferous View Post
                            so youre comparing hl2 which was made like years ago with a game released only few months ago?
                            valve engine has alot of improvements since that day..

so you really think it is possible to compare this game:

http://x-byted.net/einar/news/wp-content/hl2ep2dog2.jpg

http://news.softpedia.com/images/ext..._072-large.jpg

http://www.tfportal.de/gfx/screensho.../110607_01.jpg

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/imag...lve/ep2-22.jpg

http://cache.kotaku.com/images/2006/07/hl2e2t2-1.jpg

to this?:

http://pcmedia.gamespy.com/pc/image/...8050719434.jpg

http://pnmedia.gamespy.com/planetunr...tdistrict3.jpg

http://www.bit-tech.net/content_imag...se_mod/b55.jpg

http://www.rustylime.com/content_images/ut3_01.jpg

http://pnmedia.gamespy.com/planetunr...emopics/29.jpg

Look at them do you think you can compare them? totally diferent games, its impossible to compare a shoe to a console and its impossible to compare a totally diferent game like hl2 to ut3... its just nonsense.

Comment

UT2k4 lacked Hoverboard + grapple system

i know it is not UT to use a hooverboard but i do not care much...as T@F was saying that he was playing for fun...i do too....And i am also not a PRO player....I just want the fun of playing.

The hooverboard though is a nice vehicle to use and i think of it while driving my car ... and see kids riding their skateboard....i think "vehicle manslaughter" ;-)

Comment

i wish people would stop compaining about "its not UT to have....or not have....". Come on people UT3 is unreal tournament, updated to compete with the newer games out, same old arena style shooter that we all know and love.

About the graphics comparison, Im sorry I can compare games from 2 totally diffrent engines, by straight eye candy look, UT3 tops HL2 hands down (when you slow down the game) HL2 looks good still to this day but the textures seem really flat and not as high rez as other games. Yes Hl2 runs smoother with AA and AF set on high, but geeze this game was made when the 6800 and the x800 was the ****, and the game ran on high with one 6800 gt locked at 60 fps. so dont be saying that HL2 has better graphics cause it runs faster with AA and AF, its an older engine and your 8800 should not even have to think to render that game.

Comment

Working...
                                X