These can't be high graphics....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These can't be high graphics....

Ok I just bought unreal tournament 3, installed, patched to 1.2.

The Graphics are set at:

1280x768
    Post Processing : Intense
    World Detail : 5
    Texture Detail: 5
    Vsync : on
    Framerate smoothing : on

And heres what the game looks like
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ity101/wtf.png

Now no offense, but my old pc which had a 6600GT playing CSS had better graphics then this...well it seems

I have a 8800GT + Q6600

Is this really the high graphics settings? I mean look at the screenshot..

Thanks in advance

Originally posted by oldskl View Post
    Ok I just bought unreal tournament 3, installed, patched to 1.2.

The Graphics are set at:

1280x768
    Post Processing : Intense
    World Detail : 5
    Texture Detail: 5
    Vsync : on
    Framerate smoothing : on

And heres what the game looks like
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ity101/wtf.png

Now no offense, but my old pc which had a 6600GT playing CSS had better graphics then this...well it seems

I have a 8800GT + Q6600

Is this really the high graphics settings? I mean look at the screenshot..

Thanks in advance
    these are the high quality graphics, they are not the best in the world but they are nice, shame i cant say the same bout the performance... but anyways you cant compare this game to css the theme is diferent, the environment is diferent and the gameplay is diferent.
    sure valve updated engine looks nice and have awsome fps but epic had to make their own engine...

Comment

I didnt mean comparing it via game wise, I meant it that CSS came out a couple years ago and graphics wise it seems similiar to UT3 which is considered a new game in the market

Comment

put your Post Processing : Intense to vivid see if that looks better for you.
        But tbh thats about the best it gets.

[edit]here is a pic of mine with world detail set to 4,forgot to set it to 5 lol.
        but it wont make much difference tbh.
        http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/8466/testoy8.jpg

Comment

I find ut1 better looking then css (and ut1 is 9 years old)
          Matter of personal taste, maybe?

Comment

I also have an 8800GT and that's about how it looks. Which I think is ok.

In the past I've thought stuff tended to look better on ATI stuff, when I had it. So sometimes I wonder if this game would look better on one of those fancy 3870 HD X2 things or whatever they call them. But I'm not spending four hundred bucks or so to find out.

Or maybe with Vista and DX10. But I'm sure as heck not installing that...

Comment

Maybe open up your eyes.. These graphics are atleast 2 times better then those from Counter Strike: Source... >,<

And since when are games about graphics anyway, ain't it all about the gameplay?

Comment

Is your screen percentage set to 100? Any less and everything gets a kind of low quality blur.

The screenshot definitely isn't very flattering for the game - try Necropolis or Shangri La for something better. But I'm curious about what exactly you'd say is missing from the screenshot that makes the graphics bad in your eyes. The foliage looks rough but the textures and all round detail level seem on a par with most other recent games.

Comment

A matter of option, indeed. I think UT3 looks great. And runs just fine with all options set to max with my 7900. One thing the Unreal engine has always been good at is performance, and I think thats still valid.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiwa View Post
                    Maybe open up your eyes.. These graphics are atleast 2 times better then those from Counter Strike: Source... >,<
                    he compared the graphics progress indeed css its out for few years, you want a decent comparison check Valve Updated Engine (hl2 ep2)
                    youll find out for yourself the valve engine is much better in terms of graphics options and performance, gfx are not that great but you can get it similar to ut3, that is if you change hl2 ep2 theme to unreal theme...
                    but i dont think comparing engines in official forums ends well so i wont reply to any more engine comparisons.

Originally posted by Kaiwa View Post
                    And since when are games about graphics anyway, ain't it all about the gameplay?
                    i supose you play runescape or tetris then?
                    cause rly im not only about graphics but for me everything counts:
                    Story, Imagination, quality coding, quality sounds, decent performance, decent features, decent interface and decent graphics.

Comment

I don't really think the graphics in these games can be compared.

Sure HL2 Ep2 looks really nice with maximum AA and AF turned on... and fps stay constantly high without any dips. Then again, there isn't nearly as much chrome as there is in UT3 which is, as a fast paced game, a lot better looking. If you stop and look at things the Source engine looks a lot cleaner though.

UT3 is kinda movie-like, with big fast explosions and flashy effects.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosh View Post
                        I don't really think the graphics in these games can be compared.

Sure HL2 Ep2 looks really nice with maximum AA and AF turned on... and fps stay constantly high without any dips. Then again, there isn't nearly as much chrome as there is in UT3 which is, as a fast paced game, a lot better looking. If you stop and look at things the Source engine looks a lot cleaner though.

UT3 is kinda movie-like, with big fast explosions and flashy effects.
                        thats what i said, you cant rly compare valve to epic, they are really totally diferent games, hl2 ep2 is about a science fiction realism, while ut3 is about multiplayer unrealistic battles, so comparing them its a bit silly, and again remember its not better looking its just unrealistic but nice, theres a diference, if you want pm me and ill explain you all details bout ut3 engine and valve ones

Comment

Originally posted by The War Keeper View Post

i supose you play runescape or tetris then?
                          cause rly im not only about graphics but for me everything counts:
                          Story, Imagination, quality coding, quality sounds, decent performance, decent features, decent interface and decent graphics.
                          Kaiwa said its not about the graphics but about the gameplay. 'Story, Imagination, quality coding, quality sounds, decent performance, decent features' are all part of the gameplay aswell, ofcourse this counts.

Comment

I compare textures and looking at the two games the difference in texture depth and quality is huge. Not to mention the detailed vehicles and weapons in UT3 ... Valve will always have a more photorealistic look ... that is the art style the engine was made for .... while UT3 is more for hyperrealism and it excels in that area.

Comment

Originally posted by Taboen View Post
                              Kaiwa said its not about the graphics but about the gameplay. 'Story, Imagination, quality coding, quality sounds, decent performance, decent features' are all part of the gameplay aswell, ofcourse this counts.
                              Well in that case you really can't directly compare the two ... not fairly anyway .. HL2 is all about single player while UT3 is really about the mp or bot play. Two totally different types of game ... only thing they have in common is they are both part of the shooter genre (which according to industry big wigs is going away soon enough ... replaced with more general terms like the movie industry ... if that is the case then these two games would definitely be in different categories. UT3 is a pure adrenaline action movie and HL2 is like a dramatic movie with sci-fi elements but still one that is more concentrated on the human drama the story deals with. Like the difference between Star Ship Troopers and 2001: A Space Odyssey ... both movies are about space and are sci-fi but apart from that they couldn't be more different.

Comment

Working...
                              X