This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mmiklas View Post
    this looke like UT6 Can not belive to have it in UT3. Do not belive that PS3 can handle that.......

Anyway looks just amazing!!!
    I really don't see the PS3 having problems with those enhancements, unless everything isn't optimised.

Comment

Originally posted by The War Keeper View Post
      [2007-09-26 03:22:20] <MarkRein[Epic]> Our PC fanbase is of ultimate importance to us.
      [2007-09-26 03:22:25] <MarkRein[Epic]> They are our bread and butter.
      [2007-09-26 03:22:41] <MarkRein[Epic]> We can't let them down.

hahaha what a bunch of ****, we are so important that most ppl here get their threads deleted and banned right...
      anyways i seriously doubt ill see any engine improvements in ut3...
      Because people talk like *that*? o.o

Seriously folks -- if you get banned or your thread gets deleted... think:
      • Was I vulgar?
      • Did I have a point to my comment or was it a troll?
      • Did I directly attack Epic, an employee of Epic, or a fellow board user?

As for the engine upgrade -- nah, definitely will not happen for UT3. If UT3 gets re-released like UT99/GOTY, or UT2k3/UT2k4... then the next iteration will likely have UnrealEngine3.5... just by history.

I'm guessing UT3 will likely have a refresh... up-patched with a couple of bonus packs and a new engine, possibly bundled with a few mods.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow Dancer View Post

used a LOT of words
        I dont agree with you ,youre not making sense here,i supplied my wiew why i didnt think UT3 would get any further enhancements comparable to those from epics UE3 video.The economics play a part in this,if you dont think so thats fine.It doesnt make it less of a truth,epic would not chase this game throwing money and further developement on it apart from ensuring its functionality.Sure i understand,i understand that we have the opposite wiews here.I'm not trying to convince you,i really dont care if you agree with me or not because i know i definatly do not agree with you.I quoted Mike Capps,he was the one saying that the UI was "****ed" so i guess you have to take that vulgarity issue with him.

Originally posted by Planet Unreal

Morris attributed the game's lackluster user interface to last-minute changes and insufficient time to make needed refinements.

Epic's President Mike Capps described [the UI] simply as "****ed"

Comment

Originally posted by Phopojijo View Post

I'm guessing UT3 will likely have a refresh... up-patched with a couple of bonus packs and a new engine, possibly bundled with a few mods.
          I'm not as optimist as you are, i don't think they will update the unreal engine as well as new gametype. It would take too much time and money and i've never seen Epic adding new gametypes or improving engine significantly with previous UT games. It took about 70 days for Epic to make patch 2 so don't expect to much from Epic, they will prob go on fixing bugs and make some minor improvements but not major improvements. (i also don't expect they will change the UI, would take too much time).
          And now Epic is more busy with Gears of Wars 2 than with UT3.

Comment

Originally posted by xtremexp View Post
            I'm not as optimist as you are, i don't think they will update the unreal engine as well as new gametype. It would take too much time and money and i've never seen Epic adding new gametypes or improving engine significantly with previous UT games. It took about 70 days for Epic to make patch 2 so don't expect to much from Epic, they will prob go on fixing bugs and make some minor improvements but not major improvements. (i also don't expect they will change the UI, would take too much time).
            Agreed 100%

Comment

Originally posted by Phopojijo View Post
              Because people talk like *that*? o.o

Seriously folks -- if you get banned or your thread gets deleted... think:
              • Was I vulgar?
              • Did I have a point to my comment or was it a troll?
              • Did I directly attack Epic, an employee of Epic, or a fellow board user?

As for the engine upgrade -- nah, definitely will not happen for UT3. If UT3 gets re-released like UT99/GOTY, or UT2k3/UT2k4... then the next iteration will likely have UnrealEngine3.5... just by history.

I'd be doubtful of a new engine. An ECE style release once it's all patched up and a bonus pack or two has come out wouldn't catch me off-guard, but by my understanding, giving it a new engine would require the whole game to be rebuilt.
              I could be wrong about that.

Comment

75% of this thread is a bunch of people doing off-topic complaining about the off-topic nature of other's posts... Anyway...

I would like to be a little more optimistic about an update. Epic has shown they know the product they put out wouldn't meet the consumer's expectations and obviously their own from employee comments such as the one above. I find it pretty disgraceful that such things would be said about their proprietary license...

Epic should take a cue from Blizzard, for years they offer great support for their products: offering free internet game play, updates, and (perfectly balanced)content additions. Undoubtedly that is the reason they are one of the most successful and revered pc game developers.

I will never buy an Epic game at launch again. That is I will never pay $50 for one of their games unless it is a dynamite product.

You are wrong about the whole game having to be "rebuilt", and I also don't know why people are calling this Unreal 3.5

Comment

Originally posted by beef1187 View Post
                  You are wrong about the whole game having to be "rebuilt", and I also don't know why people are calling this Unreal 3.5
                  you are, just like them, making assumptions. i wonder if you know what the popular saying about "assume" is.

would the entire game need to be "rebuilt"? probably not... but it's a decision that Epic has to make... is it worth it? (i hope so).

as for calling this Unreal (Engine) 3.5... it's because they actually did that with the previous engine, 2 -> 2.5.

but to be honest, i thought the engine in UT3 was already 3.5 (and some extra numbers). where previous games like Gears and RS Vegas used even earlier builds of the engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Goobers View Post
                    previous games like Gears and RS Vegas used even earlier builds of the engine.
                    Great, I see none of this content implemented, I can see why UT3 is technically inferior to GoW2
                    I guess this is why I should like consoles myself, I have the option of renting a game..

Perhaps when Epic finishes GoW2, they will start rebuilding UT3 into what it shouldve been..
                    Wasnt Blizzard slowly dying at one point before releasing World of Warcraft? Epic, with their engine, wouldnt have to worry about money.
                    I hope they update the engine for UT3 when the time comes...

I like the meat cube idea
                    Bombing Run with a twist! OR UT3 with interactive GIBS!

Itd also be interesting for Assault.
                    AS-MeatGrinder

Comment

My comment is not an assumption, above all it is an opinion. Using logic it is easy to deduce that the game wouldn't have the be "rebuilt", even you understood that goobers.

I expect more upgrades like this as Epic finds and implements new and improved technologies into their engine. That is what the engine has been thus far, that is why you will often hear the engine called middleware. Epic wants their engine, the product they are selling, to be cutting edge so people wanting to develop next-gen games will purchase it.

So I don't see it working in the same fashion as unreal 2... I really hope they add something to UT3.

Seriously, domination is needed... why am I complaining about this.

Originally posted by JUNGLIST MOVEMENT View Post
                      Wasnt Blizzard slowly dying at one point before releasing World of Warcraft?
                      I don't believe so... maybe they were in between releasing games, having difficulties with development, or even had to scrap a game... It is all circumstantial. This doesn't change the fact that they have great support, and even solidifies their dedication...

Comment

Originally posted by xtremexp View Post
                        I'm not talking about a patch for the game... I'm talking about Unreal Tournament 3 likely getting an equivalent of Unreal Tournament 2004 or UT to it's analogous UT2003 or Unreal 1 multiplayer, respectively.

As I said, in my post.

Comment

Perhaps we'll see this in a UT3 expansion.

Anyway I'm really looking forward to seeing how ambient occlusion looks in HD on Gears2 or UT3.5. I think this is by far the best upgrade shown in the tech demo, global illumination is something I've always wanted to see in UE3. This perhaps might bring UE3 on par with Crysis as far as lighting, seeing as this is exactly what makes Crysis's lighting so superior.

Originally posted by XenonG View Post
                          plus more players in view with no heavy slow downs.
                          This has already been implemented into UT3. Tim Sweeney called it High Density Crowd flocking technology.

Gears PC doesnt have this, but if you look within the actor classes browser in UnrealED for UT3 you will find the flocking actors. It works just as they say it does, I was able to have around at least 100 characters running around without dropping below 30 fps.

Comment

UnrealEngine 3.5 actually has it better than Unreal Tournament 3 however... since it affects the lighting engine as-well... claims Tim Sweeney at least in the GDC demo.

Comment

+10000 .
                              let's see some of that post-purchase love that epic is known for!

Comment

I remember when the the goty came out for ut99 it offered higher resolution characters and game mods- maps ect. "Hopefully" this will be the case again.

Comment

Working...
                                X