Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[2007-09-26 03:22:20] <MarkRein[Epic]> Our PC fanbase is of ultimate importance to us.
    [2007-09-26 03:22:25] <MarkRein[Epic]> They are our bread and butter.
    [2007-09-26 03:22:41] <MarkRein[Epic]> We can't let them down.

hahaha what a bunch of ****, we are so important that most ppl here get their threads deleted and banned right...
    anyways i seriously doubt ill see any engine improvements in ut3...

Comment

Technically it's already very very impresive what they have done with UT3. Being able to give us these graphics with still a good framerate if your pc is good enough. And you don't need a monsterpc either. I doubt that they will even be able to improve it, if anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Taboen View Post
        Technically it's already very very impresive what they have done with UT3. Being able to give us these graphics with still a good framerate if your pc is good enough. And you don't need a monsterpc either. I doubt that they will even be able to improve it, if anyone.
        it is good if you dont look at crysis, but if you do you will see this engine not that impressive... and dont forget you cant have AA in windows xp

Comment

The improvments of the Unreal Engine are very good. I wondering if the water effect is really an improvment.
          In UT2004, there are FluidSurfaceInfo actors that allows to create dynamic water surfaces. Why did they remove this actor in UT3?

Comment

Originally posted by Drintion View Post
            The Xbox 360 doesn't have a PPU, so it's unlikely one is required.
            Yeah, but got 3 cored 3,2GhZ CPU, that can emulate that.
            Even my old Athlon XP 2600+ (1.9GhZ) was able to calculate physics (Ageia PhysX, by editing config files), with 2fps drop, and way better quality.
            Hope engine upgrade be aquired.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad^Tepes View Post
              None of these engine enhancements will be implemented in UT3,its for future games only wich both Cliffy B and Tim Sweeney says in the video.It would take a complete redesign and that will never happen in UT3,especially after Cliffy's speech of how much better games sell on the consoles and completly disregarding the fact that this game was flawed from the get go and THATS the main reasons why it isnt selling.It has taken them 3 months to get the game to this point,from a bugridden p.o.s to a release-ready game when it finally has a working webadmin and much better overall functionality.
              That is disappointing.

I really don't see how these enhancements would be so huge, plus I have seen patches over a gig. Epic should know we all want capture the cube of meat... (you have to kick it back to your base)

Shadow Dancer, just quiet down; vlad's reply was one of the most informative in the thread.

Originally posted by xtremexp View Post
              The improvments of the Unreal Engine are very good. I wondering if the water effect is really an improvment.
              In UT2004, there are FluidSurfaceInfo actors that allows to create dynamic water surfaces. Why did they remove this actor in UT3?
              Yeah that technology is nothing new, Resident Evil Code veronica for Dreamcast had similar water. It looks nice never the less, the splash effect is much better than the character just clipping into water.

Comment

These features can't be implemented by an Update or a patch?
                Why not.

We aren't talking about UT/, we are talking about Unreal Engine 3 used to make UT3.

Comment

this looke like UT6 Can not belive to have it in UT3. Do not belive that PS3 can handle that.......

Anyway looks just amazing!!!

Comment

Hmm trolling you say,why? If you cant see that the sales figures and platform support is connected to how much time and money the developers are willing to spend supporting a title with upgrades and enhancements then you are blind.Statements from epic regarding platforms clearly show that their interest lies elsewhere than the PC from now on.Thats fine but had they released a better product and promoted it more you can be **** sure it would have sold better too.

/end angry rant.
                    I say trolling because bringing up the game's success and sales figures has absolutely nothing to do with the likelihood of seeing drastic engine improvements. You decided to partially derail the thread and throw in some hate for no reason. If that doesn't fall into the trolling category then I don't really know what does.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow Dancer View Post
                      I say trolling because bringing up the game's success and sales figures has absolutely nothing to do with the likelihood of seeing drastic engine improvements.
                      Of course it doesn't, because that's not what he's talking about. He's addressing the question of whether we'll see these improvements in a future patch of UT3, which some people have naively speculated about. And with regards to UT3, yes, sales figures matter very, very much.

Comment

UT3 sales figures 'abysmal'
                        http://pubheroes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=407

Gears of War sells 3 million
                        http://kotaku.com/gaming/gears-of-wa...ion-230002.php

I had written up a big rant about all the Epic bashing but I'll just let the numbers speak for themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by SonOfSamus View Post
                          Of course it doesn't, because that's not what he's talking about. He's addressing the question of whether we'll see these improvements in a future patch of UT3, which some people have naively speculated about. And with regards to UT3, yes, sales figures matter very, very much.
                          They don't have anything to do with the topic, though. They were brought up just to flame against the game. That makes it trolling, and completely unnecessary in this context. Don't you understand that?
                          Post all the sales figures you want, it will never make them relevant to the topic.

Comment

Seriously youre dreaming Shadow Dancer if you claim that a games success or failure has nothing to do with future upgrades/enhancements Ofc it does,do you really think they would invest all that time and money into a game that isnt very successful ? Be realistic,it happens all the time.Look at ataris pc version of TDU for instance,it didnt sell as projected and just one of the planned several car packs plus one patch were released.It sold better on the 360 and had a lot of downloadable content so the connection is there,regardless you want to belive it or not.Its VERY relevant to the topic.Its not sound business to continue upgrading a game that isnt selling anymore,they had 4 months to upgrade the UI that Mike Capps called "****ed" but did they ? No they didnt,its still as ****ty as ever. Did they add more polish to the game that they said they didnt have time for during the rushed latter part of the development ? No they did not.They make the game work,not more and not less.

Comment

Originally posted by mmiklas View Post
                              this looke like UT6 Can not belive to have it in UT3. Do not belive that PS3 can handle that.......

Anyway looks just amazing!!!
                              I was expecting unreal 3 to be like that. Ageia said there would be a game mode with destroyable environments... There is, but it sucks and is obviously incomplete.

The interviewer asked if gears of war pc would see the improvements, not UT3. A patch with some content would be nice.

Comment

Seriously youre dreaming Shadow Dancer if you claim that a games success or failure has nothing to do with future upgrades/enhancements Ofc it does,do you really think they would invest all that time and money into a game that isnt very successful ? Be realistic,it happens all the time.Look at ataris pc version of TDU for instance,it didnt sell as projected and just one of the planned several car packs plus one patch were released.It sold better on the 360 and had a lot of downloadable content so the connection is there,regardless you want to belive it or not.Its VERY relevant to the topic.Its not sound business to continue upgrading a game that isnt selling anymore,they had 4 months to upgrade the UI that Mike Capps called "****ed" but did they ? No they didnt,its still as ****ty as ever. Did they add more polish to the game that they said they didnt have time for during the rushed latter part of the development ? No they did not.They make the game work,not more and not less.
                                Once again, I don't care about what you're saying in regards to this because you're arguing completely beside the point.
                                The point is that your point is off-topic, and brings hate and flaming into the thread where there is no reason or justification for it being there. If this were a thread about how Ut3's sales figures affect its success, then you'd be perfectly fine discussing this, but it's NOT. It's about the likelihood of UT3 seeing the UE3.5 improvements, which has absolutely nothing to do with the game's sales figures, which makes your whole little flame-fest pointless, and therefore potentially describable as trolling.
                                Also, you must be capable of understanding that there is a way to bring up and discuss a topic in a mature and reasonable manner, and then there's swearing and tossing around insults, which is typically known as flaming, and is what you are doing. This is also not in the least way helpful for the topic or the issues at hand. So, by all means, keep yelling at me from somewhere next to the point at hand until the thread gets locked. I guarantee you won't be any better for it.
                                The tragic thing is that you could have introduced this point better, but you decided to take an overly negative tone to it all, which basically turned this thread into flame-bait over a related but ultimately separate topic. There are plenty of other reasons why one might be curious about the current games seeing the new tech, and they don't necessarily all lead directly to whether the game was a success according to some random sales figures. Since that's all you're discussing, you seem to have every intention of derailing the thread into a flame war about your topic instead of a normal discussion about the original topic. I hope you understand now.

I am curious if any of these can make it in. I wonder if it would be possible for some of the shader tweaks to be added. I wouldn't hold my breath on it, though. It depends on how fundamental a change they had to make. If the shader changes are deep-seated alterations to the rendering engine, I certainly wouldn't expect it, but if it's a few tweaks to an existing shader system; I've seen such things get released via community effort for other titles (Float 32 for STALKER, parallax mapping and such for Doom3 engine games,) then it might be possible. And with the talk early-on about artist configurable custom shaders, it might be possible.

Comment

Working...
                                X