This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will UT3 see engine improvements?

I recently read of some improvements to the unreal engine that epic showcased at the Game Developers Conference. You can check that out here, it is interesting:
    http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/854/854138p1.html

The tech demo itself can be found on youtube, it kicks ***. (http://youtube.com/watch?v=jtrUi_QSli8)

I am wondering if these things will be added to Unreal Tournament 3. Obviously these features are implimented into the engine, but GOW2 isn't scheduled to come out until November. Some great stuff could be done with these features, things that would greatly extend the fun factor. Hopefully a ppu isn't required, but I will buy one if it is.

The Xbox 360 doesn't have a PPU, so it's unlikely one is required.

Comment

that would be awesome if UT3 saw engine improvements, that would just make it so much better if you could have a destructable environment and better water effects. Im not expecting it to though.

Comment

I am expecting it. I payed 50 some dollars for the game.

Comment

I'm more hoping for the Ambient Occlution, and other new lighting features so we can see players with dark skin better, plus more players in view with no heavy slow downs.

Comment

Maybe in UT4, I highly doubt we'll get improvements with this UT

Comment

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/02/21/jo...m-sweeney-and/

In this video, someone says a couple different times that the engine enhancements would be for future games, but I can't remember if it was about UT3 or Gears.

Comment

Epic should at least give us the "Cube of Meat" in UT3

Comment

how about a meat bomb mutator that can be used after a redeemer strike.

the meat bomb would "collect" all the bits and pieces of characters that have been killed by the redeemer. then you can have it set up as a pick-up... the size of it would depend how many people have been deemed since the last pick-up. the "handle" could be a gravity gun... or more "barbaric" a handle and chain (to the meat chunks). then shoot or anchor it to something (environment or another player)... then they're stuck to it until it explodes.

when they die, have a saying "player has been chunked!"

Comment

None of these engine enhancements will be implemented in UT3,its for future games only wich both Cliffy B and Tim Sweeney says in the video.It would take a complete redesign and that will never happen in UT3,especially after Cliffy's speech of how much better games sell on the consoles and completly disregarding the fact that this game was flawed from the get go and THATS the main reasons why it isnt selling.It has taken them 3 months to get the game to this point,from a bugridden p.o.s to a release-ready game when it finally has a working webadmin and much better overall functionality.

Comment

Well, minus all the obnoxious trolling s***, he's got a point.
                      A patch to put in that kind of stuff would be way too large and require too much of a fundamental overhaul. It's the same reason we won't see the PC Gears content on 360, the core engine is too different, and there comes a point where you can't just patch it in.

Comment

Yeah, bet we don't see any of this until the next version of UT..

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow Dancer View Post
                          Well, minus all the obnoxious trolling s***, he's got a point.
                          A patch to put in that kind of stuff would be way too large and require too much of a fundamental overhaul. It's the same reason we won't see the PC Gears content on 360, the core engine is too different, and there comes a point where you can't just patch it in.
                          Hmm trolling you say,why? If you cant see that the sales figures and platform support is connected to how much time and money the developers are willing to spend supporting a title with upgrades and enhancements then you are blind.Statements from epic regarding platforms clearly show that their interest lies elsewhere than the PC from now on.Thats fine but had they released a better product and promoted it more you can be **** sure it would have sold better too.

/end angry rant.

Comment

I hate consoles .... N00B crowd!

Comment

[2007-09-26 03:22:20] <MarkRein[Epic]> Our PC fanbase is of ultimate importance to us.
                              [2007-09-26 03:22:25] <MarkRein[Epic]> They are our bread and butter.
                              [2007-09-26 03:22:41] <MarkRein[Epic]> We can't let them down.
                              I still cringe at that one.

Comment

Working...
                              X