Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the current state of ut3 pc multiplayer?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    hopefully this new patch can save the game

Leave a comment:

• replied
    UMleague servers tend to have the best pings, and that is where I play. They usually have better pings than the empty servers. Now I know that populated servers aren't everyone's thing... but people should start launching lower ping servers then. Anything over 100 is simply unbearable for me - but that's subject to personal preference.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi I have a problem finding low ping warfare servers. There is usually one with under 100 ping with people in it and its always completely full in the evening. Death match is usually ok though as there is usually 2 or 3 servers with people in it. Im in England by the way and usually connect to either English or German servers. Usually when I connect to servers with pings over 100 in other games I get lag, is this the case with ut3 or is it smoother?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    There is a bug. The servers may not be empty. Some are, but not all. Last night I joined an empty server according to the browser, with over a dozen players already on it. So, you cannot trust the zeros. This happens all the time.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yep, I find too many empty servers too with ping around 100-200(but I heard when server has 0 players it goes idle state and ping is much higher than it really is), public scene is small. Luckily few months ago I find one server with good players, it doesnt show in server list. Actually I havent played any other server after that.

Maybe you should try gametracker to find good one close to you. Also UT communities and irc is good way to meet people and servers.

Most importantly, UT3 community isnt dead.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    the ffa and public scene is really small in UT3 but the clan scene with leagues and tournaments is really coming along nice. At least in europe that i

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I don't know where you live but for the US UMG league is always packed with people, maybe depends on the gametype you like too. I get an OK ping to it, I think about 80 to 90. Ping depends on your ISP and how close you are to the servers. Your download speed actually has little effect on the ping you get. You could have a 30 kb/sec down connection but if you are routed well you will ping very good to servers.

Yeah definitely join empty servers, look at it this way there are lots of people that do what you do, refresh the server list see all the 0's and give up. If you saw 1 player in a server wouldn't you still join it? I know I would. Sometimes it doesn't work out, I have joined a server played around in it practicing combo's etc for 10 minutes and no one else joins, but sometimes it does not take very long and someone else joins, then someone else and someone else, etc.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I can't understand why you only find empty servers??
    I'm gaming nearly every 2nd evening, atabout 7pm (German Time 19:00 Uhr). And there are loads of servers with people, some full, some with only a few guys..

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Be sure to check out WN's server. The bots will give you a run for your money when you're in there all alone! 8.12.17.222

Leave a comment:

• replied
    tell more people about this game and play on those empty servers

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by wrayth View Post
    also what do you think we could do to make ut3 multiplayer thrive like ut2k4 did for many years?
    Be a pioneer and join the empty servers.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic the current state of ut3 pc multiplayer?

the current state of ut3 pc multiplayer?

I have tried to look for games in ut3 multiplayer on my pc, but all i find are tons of empty servers, most with ping over 200 ( i have a 7meg download so thats not the issue).

why is the ut3 online community so weak right now?

also what do you think we could do to make ut3 multiplayer thrive like ut2k4 did for many years?
Working...
X