Ut3 Ost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ut3 Ost

Yo, I luv the Mechanism Eight remix in UT3. I've had Mech 8 (by Necros) from modarchive.com for several years and it's good to hear someone appreciatively make a new heavy mix out of it.

Any chance of getting the UT3 OST in lossless format? Ideally a downloadable FLAG album* or CD?

An artist listing for the tracks would be cool, too.

As much as I like the music, I turn it off while I play since I wanna hear peeps creeping up near me.

*FLAC, actually

You can listen to the music in any modern OS, except Windows. For Windows, grab something like VLC or Irfanview. I am listening to one of my CDs ripped to 192k OGG right now, and the same soundtrack had to be ripped to 320k MP3 to sound the same. OGG is open-source, free, and much better sounding than MP3/WMA. I was so happy to see UT2K3/UT2K4 use it.

Anyway, just pull the OGGs out and use an OGG player. They're encoded in a high bitrate and OGG isn't as lossy as MP3 or WMA.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenithar View Post
      You can listen to the music in any modern OS, except Windows. For Windows, grab something like VLC or Irfanview. I am listening to one of my CDs ripped to 192k OGG right now, and the same soundtrack had to be ripped to 320k MP3 to sound the same. OGG is open-source, free, and much better sounding than MP3/WMA. I was so happy to see UT2K3/UT2K4 use it.

Anyway, just pull the OGGs out and use an OGG player. They're encoded in a high bitrate and OGG isn't as lossy as MP3 or WMA.
      I couldn't find OGG files in the UT3 directory or it's child directories.

Ok, I got the Collector's Edition of UT3, how do I use Editor to rip it?

Comment

You mean FLAC right.

Comment

Originally posted by BlaenkDenum View Post
          You mean FLAC right.
          Oops. Right. FLAC.

Comment

http://www.amazon.com/Unreal-Tournam.../dp/B000XXWKAM

Or, if you don't mind the music being game loops instead of CD-ready cuts, check out my sig link and look for the music utility. However, I highly suggest the Soundtrack from the link above as it not only supports the game, but is a lot more fitting to play in your CD player.

Comment

You have to extract them in UT3 unless I am mistaken. The soundtrack would be more portable, but I rip everything to OGG so I can carry a hundred CDs on my iRiver and my CDs won't get beat up!

Comment

No you're not mistaken. There's a program called oggextract. It's free. Just copy the file to the folder, run command prompt, and follow the instructions. But I rarely play them. I love the OST better if they are in one mp3 file.

Comment

If your looking for the original UT music, if you get the game, all the music is in OGG formatt which can be played with winamp, you probably cant get a lossless or FLAC of the other UTs because i dont think the soundtracks for the other UTs were ever sold, but i could be mistaken. All .ogg files are in the music folders cept for UT3.

Comment

I know they're all in ogg files. I mean I like the ones that have been 'merged'. They can be found on downloads.khinsider.com
                    so far I have Plasma Oscillator from Suspense, ONS01 mix from Tank Crossing, Frozen Babylon from Serenity, Quantum Velocity from Islander, Strident, and Skyward Fire mix from Torlan. And don't forget Tactical Agenda Nanoblack Remix.

Comment

Originally posted by Handepsilon View Post
                      No you're not mistaken. There's a program called oggextract. It's free. Just copy the file to the folder, run command prompt, and follow the instructions. But I rarely play them. I love the OST better if they are in one mp3 file.
                      You know you've just replied to a thread that's several years old right? :/

Comment

Did I? I hadn't noticed. He he.

Comment

Working...
                        X