PC or PS3 version?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PC or PS3 version?

Hi, I have been considering buying UT3 soon. I downloaded the PC demo and enjoyed it. But then I figured out the game is for PC and PS3, now I don't know which one to get

I have a decent PC (Gateway GT5428, Pentium D 3.2ghz, 1gb RAM, Windows Vista Home Premium and Fedora 7 Linux, and a new nVidia 8600GT 512mb graphics card) that ran the demo pretty good. I also have a PS3 (not yet on a HDTV though, I'm not sure if we're getting an HDTV yet).

Which system should I get UT3 on, PC or PS3?

PC all the way. If you liked the beta demo and it ran well then there is no reason to not get the PC version.

Patches come out much more regularly on PC, there is more custom content and you don't need to wait for someone to cook it to PS3. You also have access to the editor if you ever feel like mapping/modding.

Definitely go for PC.

Comment

Here's what you do. Get both. Keep in mind that everyone on this form will auto hate you and say you suck if they no your PS3. PC version must have better comp as I know Fisrt Hand PS3 mostly has lamos. Unreal Girl is the worst of them all when it comes to posting anything helpful to new players of UT3.

Comment

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showpo...56&postcount=5

There been a few threads about choosing between the ps3 and PC. My opinion is that the PC version is better and my reasons are listed in the linked post. Only change is that I did learn that there is a way to bind the keyboard, however its still very limited.

Comment

Originally posted by Lukec7 View Post
          Here's what you do. Get both. Keep in mind that everyone on this form will auto hate you and say you suck if they no your PS3. PC version must have better comp as I know Fisrt Hand PS3 mostly has lamos. Unreal Girl is the worst of them all when it comes to posting anything helpful to new players of UT3.
          you're just a bright and cheerful dude, huh?

the PC version comes with editor, the PS3 version does not. that is the single largest out of the box difference most people complain about because the PS3 guys want the editor, but you still need a healthy PC to run the editor, just like the game. up to you which version you prefer. where do you spend most of your time with a FPS? console or PC?

Comment

PC

I will always support the pc platform... So naturally the PC

Comment

Well you have two choices:

If you are smart, witty, intelligent, handsome/beautiful, logical, likeable and can pound a nail with your ***** you buy the PC version:

However:

If you are fat, smelly, have bad breath, big oozy pimples, hair growing out of unusual orifices, drool, and uncontrollable farts you buy:

the PC version anyway.

You have to be really weird to go console ya know...

Comment

DONT LET THE FANBOYS GET YOU!!! it depends on what you want if your looking to edit n make stuff then pc but if you just are planning to play n you like controllers ps3...they're both good ppl just hate console ppl here for sum reason...theyre both good id say it doesnt matter....n alot of the glitches for BOTH versions are getting fixed so its up to YOUR PREFERENCE dont let anyone tell you otherwise...ON BOTH PLATFORMS they r good games

Comment

i would go for the psp port lol j/k i'll go for ps3/pc/360 since it doesn't bother me to use kb/m or the pad

Comment

You have to be really weird to go console ya know
                    i would say both are great. you can hook up a mouse and keyboard to the ps3...

the community will be larger on the PC, but im sure there will always be people to play on either version.

i dont have the 2 grand it takes to play ut3 at "MAX" so i choose to buy it for ps3. im happy with ut2004 on the PC. my pc plays that just fine. i dont expect to be playing games like ut3 on my PC for a few more years...at least

the choice is yours. i enjoy the ps3 version of ut3,
                    and i enjoy 2k4 for the PC.

__________________________________________________ ________________________
                    you're also asking this on the "PC" forums. try asking this same question at gamefaqs. im gonna say 95% of the people that will reply here are going to say PC....biased...

Comment

At this point I'd say PC:
                      Bigger Community
                      Comes with UED3
                      Seems to actually be getting patch attention from Epic

At this point it's just a better deal

Comment

not got a powerful enough pc so i`ve got the ps3 version but having trouble getting a game i`ve bought the US version as couldn`t wait for the uk release.

Comment

I have it on PC, but was thinking about buying it on PS3 as well. I have no friends that game on the PC anymore.....but then again I just got my PS3 last weekend and I have no friends there either. Jeez I'm a freakin loser!

Comment

Originally posted by SXTurbo View Post
                            I have it on PC, but was thinking about buying it on PS3 as well. I have no friends that game on the PC anymore.....but then again I just got my PS3 last weekend and I have no friends there either. Jeez I'm a freakin loser!
                            I have too many friends. Want some of mine?

Comment

I would buy PS3 version. looks fine and you can use pad.
                              Additionally everyone has the same hardware, no problems with stats saving, you can not cheat (will come for pc version as always)

Comment

Working...
                              X