No announcement yet.

Da Boot List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And again, I will spell out in plain English what you're not comprehending, since you chose to ignore the part where I said an admin can do whatever they want with their server. Using the excuse "It's my server and I don't want to lose" isn't going to make the new guy who was trying UT3 feel any better, and after a few of these, he'll quit playing. Wake up and realize that having our community grow depends HEAVILY on the quality of servers, and if half of the admins are kicking anybody who can whip them, we will never grow. Yes, they have the right to do so, but that doesn't make it right. In other words, just because you CAN do something, doesn't mean it is right. I can take my rifle and kill somebody, but does that make it right?

Comment

Thank You Xenithar. There should be a filter for servers that can boot or disable booting somehow. That way I know who to join and who to avoid like the plague.

Comment

Originally posted by Lukec7 View Post
        Thank You Xenithar. There should be a filter for servers that can boot or disable booting somehow. That way I know who to join and who to avoid like the plague.
        There are no official servers on PS3? Can't you play on those? Any other server is potentially being run by a 12 year old with ADHD.

Comment

Dude. Midway servers freakin crash constantly, time out ect. You have to take what you can get. If 12 -15 players are on a lamos server, I have to risk getting booted when I Own the jerk. That's not right. I want to be able to join servers that have booting disabled.

Comment

If there were a filter to view games where booting is disabled, all the lamers would join those servers - ie, the spawn-camping-pancaking-ROFFLING-swearing players that get booted for good reasons.

Have you tried hosting your own server?

Comment

I mean you click to join and is says loading, then freezes. Then you have to get up and physically shut the power pff the PS3 and try again. This is a major problem. Patch please.

Comment

Dude. Midway servers freakin crash constantly, time out ect. You have to take what you can get.
                There in lays the problem them. Responsible and respectable admins are important but a good number of reliable servers is a big issue too. Possibly even a more important issue.

If 12 -15 players are on a lamos server, I have to risk getting booted when I Own the jerk. That's not right. I want to be able to join servers that have booting disabled.
                I don’t even want to know what kind of aim botting script kiddy cheaters would flock to a server that can’t boot players. Not to mention just bad behavior in general. And do you seriously think any admin would run a server where they couldn’t boot someone?

There are a lot of things that people can do to disrupt the game and hinder enjoyment of the game for other players and you don’t want them to be booted because you were booted once from some 10 yr kids server,…!?!

I mean you click to join and is says loading, then freezes. Then you have to get up and physically shut the power pff the PS3 and try again. This is a major problem. Patch please.
                Again this seem like a legitimate concern and a real problem that should be addressed …

Comment

How CAN you Host a game and boot people. How CAN you invite people to join you in good faith, then betray them by booting. Morals people. Don't host if you can't take a bloody nose now and again.

Comment

Lukec7, have you tried hosting your own server? This should solve your problem.

Comment

Ya that's what I'm doing from now on. Thanks for the feedback everyone. Consider this thread closed.

Comment

Working...
                      X