Da Boot List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Da Boot List

Anybody here gettin tired of the boot. I know I am. I think it's time to expose the cowards. Please list any PSN names / Servers to avoid. Thanks.

1st - Sattan _ Hellsing - Booted me after I Pancaked his A%# on Suspense.

Forgive me for presuming you did something to deserve it. Were you in his spawn when you pancaked him?

I think the trick is to learn what is allowed in servers. Him booting you doesn't make him a coward, it just means you've violated what he has set down as the rules. It's his server to make whatever arbitrary rules he wants.

Comment

Yeah but there are cases where a host will kick just because he/she gets frustrated with losing.

Comment

A host can do whatever he wants with his server. He's the one who is paying for the bandwidth to host it. Unless you are paying him to play on his server, you have nothing to complain about - host your own server, and ban him from joining, if you have a vendetta.

Comment

No I wasn't in his spawn. I came from the other side of the map. And I disagree with booting people during matches. Deliberately keeping people out because they are the only ones who can compete on your level is an act of cowardess and stupidity. I want to be made aware of these people so I don't waste my time joining a server then getting booted for no reason. I think that a majority of people on ths forum would disagree with you bclagge.

Comment

That just doesn't make a lot of sense to me. He's the server admin, why wouldn't he just switch teams if he hates losing so bad? I guess it's the guilty until proven innocent problem. Just like I presume if someone is in jail, they're probably criminals, I also believe someone being kicked probably deserved it. Obviously not always the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Lukec7 View Post
              No I wasn't in his spawn. I came from the other side of the map. And I disagree with booting people during matches. Deliberately keeping people out because they are the only ones who can compete on your level is an act of cowardess and stupidity. I want to be made aware of these people so I don't waste my time joining a server then getting booted for no reason. I think that a majority of people on ths forum would disagree with you bclagge.
              Start a poll if you like jk

There aren't any big name servers you can join? Instead of one admined by Tommy in NY who is hosting a game on his home PC?

Comment

Originally posted by Lukec7 View Post
                I think that a majority of people on ths forum would disagree with you bclagge.
                I think you'll find most people will disagree with you.
                As bclagge put it. It's their server to do with as they wish.
                If you don't like how admins are running their server, go rent your own and you can set whatever rules you would like to have (you get the "I'm so 1337 I run a UT3 server" ego too!)

Comment

It is there right to kick for stupid reasons, it is also others rights to post about it and try to get others to avoid it. It is even more important on PS3, where the host has all the advantage already. I remember all the problems that UC2 faced in that regard.

Comment

Originally posted by bclagge View Post
                    Start a poll if you like jk

There aren't any big name servers you can join? Instead of one admined by Tommy in NY who is hosting a game on his home PC?
                    If you read his first post, which you must not have, you sill see that he is asking for PSN ID's, that is PS3, not PC.

Comment

Yes its the hosts right to just kick people as they wish, but this topic was just to point out the hosts who WILL kick you for no reason. This way you can avoid their games.

They can do whatever they want, but we would then know to avoid them. Though its impossible to really tell who is at fault unless you were there, so you can't really trust the topic.

Comment

Guess I'll just host all the time. I don't care how bad I get owned, I'm not going to remove quality players. Look for Frag Fest 2008. High Speed Comcast. And another thing, hosting a server is a way to invite players right? Then if you boot people you should say so in the description. I'm acting in good faith when I join, so Administrators should do the same.

Comment

I don't really know how the PS3 game hosting works, but can anyone host a game? If so then just forget the fact that I misspoke (yes, I did read the first post), and just try and understand the meat of what I'm saying. Just stay away from servers hosted by little Tommy.

I wash my hands of this. I really don't have any interest in the PS3, I don't know why I posted in the first place.

Comment

If it is like UC2 was, then anyone can host a game. Players connect to that persons PS3. It often occurred in UC2 when a host would be losing, they would boot a better player to raise there own stats. It was a gimmicky system, i never played UC2 (rented once, didn't much care for it), but I remember reading about stuff like that on the UC2 forums.

Comment

I see it as a complement whenever I get booted

Seriously though, its been said before, we don’t really know what happened. In some cases even if you are there you don’t know what happened and who to believe. I’ll give the benefit of the doubt to both parties so again we have gotten nowhere.

Personally, I let stuff like this go fairly easily like water off of a ducks back.

Comment

Working...
                              X