Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sick of the LOOOONG Main Menu load times and the mouse lag?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sick of the LOOOONG Main Menu load times and the mouse lag?

Then I have the solution for you!

http://www.beyondunreal.com/daedalus...t.php?id=11584

Enjoy!

yup, just needs uWindows and the menu will be much better!

Comment

idd, I really hope UWindows can deliver. People are putting a lot of hope in it.

Comment

The only bad thing I can say about UT3 is about the menu ... idd ... now how it looks etc, but how the loading times are. When you are in a game and want to go to the server browser, you need to disconnect ... never was in the previous games.

but thats 10 seconds spent more in my life ... =)

Comment

Only three sick people on these forums. That are marginally less sick now.

Comment

i'm sick too, the ut3 menu makes me sick

Comment

This 'fix' is better than nothing. Thank you.

Comment

1/100th the size of the old map and "looks" the same, makes you wonder why epic would want to load such a bloated menu. Not had time to test if theres a marginal speed difference on loads but I'm sure there is considering the drastic change in size, might help allot on low ram systems.

Very good job surprised it took this long for someone to figure this one out.

Comment

get a faster cpu and it doesn't lag at all.

Comment

Nice one! I hate menus that have to load just so they are flashy and visually impressive. Source games are infamous for this. The menu should not be an entire level that I can't play but still must load! It should be buttons that let me get to a level where I can play and have fun.

+1 on the hoping for UWindows to come resque UT3 from it's menu.

Comment

Nice little fix and I already love it, since I close and start the game quite often.

Comment

Originally posted by FYouFragU View Post
                        Erm... what? Oh yeah, we are all rich enough to go and buy a new CPU. NOT!

THAT IS NOT A SOLUTION AND YOU ARE NOT HELPING!

Back on topic, I tried this last night and it works liek a charm.

Thank you to the OP for bring this to my attention.

Comment

Originally posted by FYouFragU View Post
                          hes right.
                          its ur CPU'S!!!
                          get a faster CPU, then the menu times take like nothing.

like me, i load up the game, like 17s, and the menu runs fine. i click on somthing - it happens.
                          if i used a p4, if i clicked on somthing, it would happen like 20s later.

hehe.

Comment

Originally posted by IceFrogg View Post
                            hes right.
                            its ur CPU'S!!!
                            get a faster CPU, then the menu times take like nothing.
                            Erm, I think the main problem here is the loading time when returning back to the menu after playing a game.

Since I have applied this 'fix' it's gone down from about 10 seconds to about 2 seconds...

I afraid you are misleading people....

Comment

Since I have applied this 'fix'
                              Hope you have a backup, since the next patch will probably overwrite your changes, IF you ever can update, of course.

Comment

Working...
                              X