Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Elohim View Post
    I'm using Vista 64bit and the 174.12 drivers. I really can't tell or feel a difference in gaming (particularly UT3). But without benchmarks, it's really hard to say.

This is a great site for UT3 benches: -

www.alcomsplace.com

And it seems to bear out that the 174.12s are the best performers, but only slightly better than the 169.38s.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Alex88 View Post
    I have Vista 64bit and just after formating, I installed the 169.28 Beta then 169.32 WHQL and recently tryed the 171.12 WHQL. I can clearly say that 169.32 are far superior than 169.28 however I'm not sure but it looks like the 171.xx are worse.

Should I try those 174.12? By the way are they Beta and/or WHQL???

Edit: WTF! The link for Vista64bit point to WinXP64bit! Edit 2: ok I searched elsewhere and found the right one. Gonna try it later or tomorow even if it's Beta.
    I'm using Vista 64bit and the 174.12 drivers. I really can't tell or feel a difference in gaming (particularly UT3). But without benchmarks, it's really hard to say.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by [YS]Alienz View Post
    The 171 betas benchmark worse and have been out for WELL over a couple days now on various hardware sites. The best UT3 drivers atm proven are 169.32. 169.38 are slighthly worse and equal to 169.28. 171.x are on the bottom.
    I have Vista 64bit and just after formating, I installed the 169.28 Beta then 169.32 WHQL and recently tryed the 171.12 WHQL. I can clearly say that 169.32 are far superior than 169.28 however I'm not sure but it looks like the 171.xx are worse.

Should I try those 174.12? By the way are they Beta and/or WHQL???

Edit: WTF! The link for Vista64bit point to WinXP64bit! Edit 2: ok I searched elsewhere and found the right one. Gonna try it later or tomorow even if it's Beta.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    wait for the latest officials or at least official betas. op is just trying to promote that site. these 17x betas are coming out almost daily no point in wasting your time with every set.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by [YS]Alienz View Post
    The 171 betas benchmark worse and have been out for WELL over a couple days now on various hardware sites. The best UT3 drivers atm proven are 169.32. 169.38 are slighthly worse and equal to 169.28. 171.x are on the bottom.
    You know, that's actually the impression I got from the various betas. The 171s were crappy and unstable; 174 is stable and nice, but seems perhaps slightly weaker in Ut3. Hard to tell because most of the time I exceed my FPS cap, and when I'm not its the CPU bottleneck.

171+ is worth it thought because you can set the pre-render frame limtit, and setting it lower than the default of 3 is vastly preferable in an intense FPS like Ut3.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for the links, gonna give them a shot.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    did not any improvment for me

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Seems to be taking ages for them to get anything WHQL-certified out, around 2 months since they released my current drivers. Probably messing about ,fine tuning the pointless, crazy money:- triple sli performance

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'd wager that these don't actually speed anything up significantly, and instead, just tune things to look slightly worse in exchange for more performance - i.e., stuff that all of you can do already manually if you wanted to.

Its also worth noting that these drivers don't work for BF2142 and so I'm betting there are other games that these don't work for.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    for info on benches and more detailed discussion go to this forum
    at Tweakforce

(( click on picture for better view ))
    their website wont let me link directly to their forums,
    so you'll need to navigate your own way there once you get onsite.

[shot]http://mettle-works.diinoweb.com/files/My%20Photo%20Album/newdrvrs.png[/shot]
    [shot]http://mettle-works.diinoweb.com/files/My%20Photo%20Album/drvrs2.png[/shot]
    and read from their members reviews.
    i havent done any testing like benches myself,
    but i go for a "seat of the pants" feel.

these drivers (for me anyway) are the best ive used for this game so far.

of course everyone will experience different results.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That is what I thought.
    Even my 169.28 are leakers.
    I tried the auto update on Nvidia's site, and it new I had the betas, but offered to download the older 169.21s for me.

UT plays perfectly on my system, I will hold out for quite awhile before updating them.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Beta drivers...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    probably because those drivers listed haven't been WHQL certified.

they are essentially, leaked drivers that nVidia did not intend the public to have. and are only working with them in-house.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I am still using 169.28 with a 512 MB 8800 GTS.

It still shows the 169.21 as the newest on Nvidias's ste.
    Why do they not update them there?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X