Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

-NEW- Nvidia drivers 174.12 -HOT-

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #61
    Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
    Go to guru3d.com and download some of the more recent beta drivers ... or get the WHQL 169.38 driver from EVGA. I also have Crysis on my PC so I am actually using the 169.44 drivers and they ROCK!!! UT3 has gained about 3-4 fps in areas where it was a bit laggy before on some of the larger levels, its colors are even better with this new driver. Only think is you have to specify your SLI settings at the global level ... and use Alternate Frame Rendering method 2 instead of just leaving it at the default like with the 169.38 drivers.

    Or if you want to since you are running in SLI from what I can see get the 174.xx drivers and you should be happy with the performance. There is a forum with all kinds of info on the Guru3d.com site so check it out. Good luck.
    so can u give me link which i have to download..

    there is a lot of driver.. im confused..which one is have to download..canu help..??

    (msi 8800gt - vista 64 bit)

    Comment


      #62
      Originally posted by unreal4 View Post
      so can u give me link which i have to download..

      there is a lot of driver.. im confused..which one is have to download..canu help..??

      (msi 8800gt - vista 64 bit)

      http://downloads.guru3d.com/ --- for the 17x.xx and 169.44 drivers

      http://www.evga.com/default.asp --- for the 169.38 drivers.


      Any of these will work for you but you will have to experiment to see which gives you the best performance on your rig.

      Comment


        #63
        Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
        http://downloads.guru3d.com/ --- for the 17x.xx and 169.44 drivers

        http://www.evga.com/default.asp --- for the 169.38 drivers.


        Any of these will work for you but you will have to experiment to see which gives you the best performance on your rig.
        thnx alot buddy

        Comment


          #64
          Actually folks at Guru3d are saying that the 174.12 drivers are the best all around drivers for gaming for the vast majority of Nvidia users. I think I am going to give these a shot after all.

          Comment


            #65
            I find 174.31 most stable at the expense of some performance.

            Comment


              #66
              Originally posted by Harmatia View Post
              I find 174.31 most stable at the expense of some performance.
              Are those for Vista 32 bit as well? When did those drivers hit? Man all these different versions are making my head swim. I am going to try 174.12 and if I have any issues its back to 169.44 for me.

              Comment


                #67
                the only reason i rave about this driver set,
                is because of the ALL AROUND performance!

                dont just focus on frame rate only!

                frame rate is there.
                image quality is awesome.
                generally running around the maps,
                there is no glitches i get with other drivers.

                admittedly i havent tried the 174.31 yet, im seeing too many complaints.

                174.12 are VERY STABLE and the performance is THERE.

                i dont often get excited about a driver.
                these drivers made me feel more in depth and 3D-ness
                it felt like i was playing a whole different game.
                everything flows so smoothly.
                plus the AA works !

                Comment


                  #68
                  ^ I agree 174.12's are the best as well, at least for me. Some of the others I have problems such as lockups or AA not working or either IQ or performance are not that great but these are good in all ways for me. I'm using the www.tweakforce.com modded XG 174.12 drivers though but stock drivers were good as well I remember.

                  169.44 performed horribly in almost any games for me. I saw very huge losses in some games that I'm not used to see but it was very stable though but no working AA either. 174.31 I haven't tested as the modified inf supplied with it only seems to support up to 85Hz and I use 100Hz.

                  Comment


                    #69
                    Well I installed the drivers ... now I just hope that I see a real difference in performance. I didn't have stability issues and the color looked great. Plus UT3 doesn't support MSAA so I don't care about AA (forced AA never works completely as it should and it causes too great of a performance hit imo). But since everyone is saying these are the best around I had to try them. I loved how well Crysis played though with the 169.44 I have to say and I saw a small performance increase in UT3 as well. If these are even better than that is cool as heck.

                    Comment


                      #70
                      Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
                      Are those for Vista 32 bit as well? When did those drivers hit? Man all these different versions are making my head swim. I am going to try 174.12 and if I have any issues its back to 169.44 for me.
                      I believe they are out for Vista 32 as well.

                      Yeah, NVIDIA is going crazy with drivers. It'd be okay with me, except ALL of them are buggy, unstable... and offer better performance than the older ones. So it's frustrating to make the trade-off. 174.31s have been serving me pretty well, though.

                      NVIDIA really needs to release a good, WHQL version of the 174 series.

                      Comment


                        #71
                        NVIDIA really needs to release a good, WHQL version of the 174 series.
                        + 1 million!

                        Comment


                          #72
                          Thanks for the tip about these 174.12 drivers ... they are really great performers and beat the performance the latest of the latest 169.44 drivers by a noticeable amount. I just played a match on Remus' Tiberium level with 6 bots and I could tell the difference in performance in spots where previously I lost a couple of frames. So yeah these drivers rock and also UT2K4 performs really well with these although not in SLI ... I thought UT2K4 had support for SLI but I guess not because the performance was still the same. Does anyone know for sure if UT2K4 is supposed to support SLI because then that means there is a problem with this driver for that game. Otherwise though for UT3 these are must haves.

                          Comment


                            #73
                            Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
                            Thanks for the tip about these 174.12 drivers ... they are really great performers and beat the performance the latest of the latest 169.44 drivers by a noticeable amount. I just played a match on Remus' Tiberium level with 6 bots and I could tell the difference in performance in spots where previously I lost a couple of frames. So yeah these drivers rock and also UT2K4 performs really well with these although not in SLI ... I thought UT2K4 had support for SLI but I guess not because the performance was still the same. Does anyone know for sure if UT2K4 is supposed to support SLI because then that means there is a problem with this driver for that game. Otherwise though for UT3 these are must haves.
                            No idea about your question, but you say 2k4 is running well? I haven't bothered to reinstall it for a while because 8-series cards have been having trouble with 2k4 because of shoddy drivers.

                            Comment


                              #74
                              Well the last few drivers have always worked with UT2K4 ... its a must for me as I still play it regularly. I never had to reinstall it but I know there was a set of drivers that did conflict and I had to back level until a better set came along ... but that was months ago so I don't remember

                              Comment


                                #75
                                Rpgwizard i knew i saw that name before ......ok
                                Tweakforce forums.. btw im not registered there so you wont find posts by me
                                but i stand by their tweaked drivers for years!
                                Extreme G
                                yeah i used to use their 84.21 v2 tweaked drivers for the longest time
                                then UT3 made me upgrade, and its been driver city since then, hehe

                                do you play UTPub servers on 2K4?
                                i seem to remember seeing you there too i usually play as "Fluke" in UTPub servers,
                                but its been a long time.

                                yea im watching the forums at Tweakforce,
                                its like a religion...everyday i go and see whats new.
                                good bunch of dedicated guys over there and they cant get drivers fast enough.
                                but it seems like nvidia is rolling them out the door as fast as they make em.

                                it makes my head swim too and im not even doing my own benches, dont bother anymore
                                but relying on the general consensus of those who install and test

                                usually i load drivers and jump in my games. then i watch for everything.
                                frame rate
                                image quality
                                color
                                details
                                smoothness of game play
                                depth of 3D rendering
                                depth of field
                                fog limit
                                etc
                                and a general "seat of the pants" feel while ingame.

                                they have a pretty good regime for testing as everyone has a slightly different rig over there.
                                so one can get a decent idea what to expect.

                                i have a good idea what my rig can do at this point 3 years later after i built it.

                                and like i said usually difference in drivers arent enough to make me lift a finger,
                                but these i have to type and type.
                                they rock!

                                glad i was able to help someone .

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X