No announcement yet.

-NEW- Nvidia drivers 174.12 -HOT-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using these drivers has done away with my random blue screen crashes.

Comment

OMG WHY DONT PEOPLE JUST USE THE .21
      **** theres nothing wrong with them. If ur pc cant handle them ur pc has issues. lol

Comment

Originally posted by bclagge View Post
        Using these drivers has done away with my random blue screen crashes.
        OH MAN! Downloading right now. Kept getting a blue screen at least once every 1-2 days.

Awesome!

Comment

Yeah, this fixed some random crashing I was having with patch 1.2. The game would randomly crash to a black screen and I'd get a message about the driver not responding or something. Hasn't happened since upping to this one (was using 169.28 before, I think).

Comment

Originally posted by Zoso Fan View Post
            OH MAN! Downloading right now. Kept getting a blue screen at least once every 1-2 days.

Awesome!
            Did it work for you?

Comment

Thanks for the update. I think I'll hold out for the next WHQL one myself.

Comment

My UT3 install is finally acting good ... no crashed or BSOD or stuttering or anything for about a week now and this was after I messed around with some stuff so it was never UT3 that was the problem. But now that everything is working well and I am seeing nice colors and also smooth fps I won't be changing my drivers for a little while. I do want to upgrade to the 174 drivers but I really am going to wait until a top notch 17x.xx driver comes out. I can see it now ... after finally getting my PC stabilized and my most played game atm running flawlessly (yes it is UT3 ) I install these drivers and I start having all kinds of issues ... nah ... I'll pass.

Comment

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
                  My UT3 install is finally acting good ... no crashed or BSOD or stuttering or anything for about a week now and this was after I messed around with some stuff so it was never UT3 that was the problem. But now that everything is working well and I am seeing nice colors and also smooth fps I won't be changing my drivers for a little while. I do want to upgrade to the 174 drivers but I really am going to wait until a top notch 17x.xx driver comes out. I can see it now ... after finally getting my PC stabilized and my most played game atm running flawlessly (yes it is UT3 ) I install these drivers and I start having all kinds of issues ... nah ... I'll pass.
                  If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I still run the 169.04 driver. No reason to change if it's working well.

Comment

I don't understand how you can live with the broken AA in the 169 drivers, but more power to you...

Comment

sometimes a have the problem that ut3 has stopped responding by an unknown error. Then i just reboot the pc and fire the game back up.

I have the latest stable drivers from NVidia.

RIG,
                      Vista Home Premium UK
                      8600 GTS 512
                      2GB ram
                      Quad core E6600
                      UT3=Rocks

Comment

Originally posted by Masaai_Warrior View Post
                        I don't understand how you can live with the broken AA in the 169 drivers, but more power to you...
                        I don't understand why people feel the need for AA in a twitch shooter, but more power to you....

Comment

Originally posted by bclagge View Post
                          I don't understand why people feel the need for AA in a twitch shooter, but more power to you....
                          Because the levels are so beautiful ... sometimes you just want to walk around in them or turn the bots on a lower skill setting and enjoy the eye candy. Without AA those jaggies stick out like a sore thumb. Maybe you should take a look at how smooth the levels look in super hi-res pics without AA then you would really appreciate why folks want it. It really helps you stay immersed in the world of the game more easily ... the moment you see some nasty jaggies it really detracts from that feeling.

I recommend looking at the pics on this thread to get an idea of the difference ... since you can't turn on AA (properly anyway) you are not going to see such clean lines anyplace else. Let me know what you think if you don't mind:

http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...d.php?t=604882

Comment

My point is merely that if you're playing the game to be playing the game, then you're involved in strategy and what you're doing, and everything is moving so fast that you really shouldn't have the presence of mind to even notice jaggies. Now, if you're playing offline against bots and just want to walk around looking at things, sure I see the need for AA.

Personally, I don't ever use AA. I've been playing computer games since a time when my screen resolution was, I kid you not, 320 x 200. I've used computers that had only 4 colors, 16 colors, or perhaps more people will remember 256 colors. I remember the time when dithering was commonplace. So my need for AA is nonexistant.

Comment

^^^ Okay ... thanks for clearing that up.

Comment

See you later in UMG I'm sure

Comment

Working...
                                X