X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
    http://downloads.guru3d.com/ --- for the 17x.xx and 169.44 drivers

http://www.evga.com/default.asp --- for the 169.38 drivers.

Any of these will work for you but you will have to experiment to see which gives you the best performance on your rig.
    thnx alot buddy

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by unreal4 View Post
    so can u give me link which i have to download..

there is a lot of driver.. im confused..which one is have to download..canu help..??

(msi 8800gt - vista 64 bit)

http://downloads.guru3d.com/ --- for the 17x.xx and 169.44 drivers

http://www.evga.com/default.asp --- for the 169.38 drivers.

Any of these will work for you but you will have to experiment to see which gives you the best performance on your rig.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
    Go to guru3d.com and download some of the more recent beta drivers ... or get the WHQL 169.38 driver from EVGA. I also have Crysis on my PC so I am actually using the 169.44 drivers and they ROCK!!! UT3 has gained about 3-4 fps in areas where it was a bit laggy before on some of the larger levels, its colors are even better with this new driver. Only think is you have to specify your SLI settings at the global level ... and use Alternate Frame Rendering method 2 instead of just leaving it at the default like with the 169.38 drivers.

Or if you want to since you are running in SLI from what I can see get the 174.xx drivers and you should be happy with the performance. There is a forum with all kinds of info on the Guru3d.com site so check it out. Good luck.
    so can u give me link which i have to download..

there is a lot of driver.. im confused..which one is have to download..canu help..??

(msi 8800gt - vista 64 bit)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by unreal4 View Post
    hey guys..

do i have to install this driver..

i have a 8800gt and in the nvidia.com the las driver for 8800gt for vista 64 bit is 169.25..

what i have to do??
    Go to guru3d.com and download some of the more recent beta drivers ... or get the WHQL 169.38 driver from EVGA. I also have Crysis on my PC so I am actually using the 169.44 drivers and they ROCK!!! UT3 has gained about 3-4 fps in areas where it was a bit laggy before on some of the larger levels, its colors are even better with this new driver. Only think is you have to specify your SLI settings at the global level ... and use Alternate Frame Rendering method 2 instead of just leaving it at the default like with the 169.38 drivers.

Or if you want to since you are running in SLI from what I can see get the 174.xx drivers and you should be happy with the performance. There is a forum with all kinds of info on the Guru3d.com site so check it out. Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hey guys..

do i have to install this driver..

i have a 8800gt and in the nvidia.com the las driver for 8800gt for vista 64 bit is 169.25..

what i have to do??

Leave a comment:

• replied
    is there a prob with alt and tabbing with these drivers?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    bump
    these drivers rock best! even better than 174.20 and 174.16

Leave a comment:

• replied
    fixed the link for the XP 32 version.

yes use Driver Cleaner in safe mode .

uninstall drivers, then reboot.
    as it reboots, tap F8 til you get to safe mode menu.
    use SAFE MODE when ytou get to desktop,
    use driver cleaner to remove all remnants of drivers
    reboot
    install new drivers.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    So since i just picked up a nice little 8800GT (upgrading from a 8500GT), which drivers should I consider? 171.17 or 23?

Also, should I clean up my drivers first? I remember Guru3D having a utility for cleaning up video drivers or something along those lines..

Leave a comment:

• replied
    How I compare FPS between drivers in this game is to stand in exact same position in a map, such as a beginning spawn point for different maps for example with bots amount set to 0. Don't know how to make any "timedemos" out of UT3 yet at least so I find this method to be the most accurate way of comparing drivers between each others. I've recently upgraded to this 8800GT so can't provide any more details right now but I'm happy with XG 171.23 currently, no stability problems and performance seems to be good. Might not look as great as XG quadro 169.61 or XG 174.16 drivers but good enough for me and runs very smooth.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    What is 2 fps more? The average? The max? I would need more details before I could make a judgement. I was using 171.somethingorother and was getting blue screen crashes about once a day. Since I switch to these I don't have that problem anymore.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by champdee View Post
    Forceware 171.17 WHQL for xp gets 2 more fps over these.
    Yea those were great drivers for me but also XG 171.23 are good ones.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Forceware 171.17 WHQL for xp gets 2 more fps over these.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ^^

Interesting, RPGWizard

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I invested in good hardware to be able to play games with 100 FPS in 1280x960 @ 100Hz in first place. I care more about gameplay in UT games, there are other games I play mostly because of eyecandy such as Crysis and Oblivion. For me Unreal Tournament has always been about gameplay, in fact I even play with low quality settings in UT3 as it's better visibility. In UT2k4 max quality settings were fine though.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X