-NEW- Nvidia drivers 174.12 -HOT-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

-NEW- Nvidia drivers 174.12 -HOT-

OMG these drivers ROCK best performance yet.

nZone Forum Discussion

Tweakforce
    another source for news and information on the latest drivers, beta drivers and tweaked driver sets.

XP 32 bit

XP 64 bit

Vista 32 bit

Vista 64 bit

have fun !

Ooooh. I might have to try these.

Thanks mate.

Comment

I tried these last night. Can't say what performance gain there is (over 169.32), but it didn't feel any worse when playing UT3 I'd be interested in seeing actual benchmarks.

Comment

I am still using 169.28 with a 512 MB 8800 GTS.

It still shows the 169.21 as the newest on Nvidias's ste.
        Why do they not update them there?

Comment

probably because those drivers listed haven't been WHQL certified.

they are essentially, leaked drivers that nVidia did not intend the public to have. and are only working with them in-house.

Comment

Beta drivers...

Comment

That is what I thought.
              Even my 169.28 are leakers.
              I tried the auto update on Nvidia's site, and it new I had the betas, but offered to download the older 169.21s for me.

UT plays perfectly on my system, I will hold out for quite awhile before updating them.

Comment

for info on benches and more detailed discussion go to this forum
                at Tweakforce

(( click on picture for better view ))
                their website wont let me link directly to their forums,
                so you'll need to navigate your own way there once you get onsite.

[shot]http://mettle-works.diinoweb.com/files/My%20Photo%20Album/newdrvrs.png[/shot]
                [shot]http://mettle-works.diinoweb.com/files/My%20Photo%20Album/drvrs2.png[/shot]
                and read from their members reviews.
                i havent done any testing like benches myself,
                but i go for a "seat of the pants" feel.

these drivers (for me anyway) are the best ive used for this game so far.

of course everyone will experience different results.

Comment

I'd wager that these don't actually speed anything up significantly, and instead, just tune things to look slightly worse in exchange for more performance - i.e., stuff that all of you can do already manually if you wanted to.

Its also worth noting that these drivers don't work for BF2142 and so I'm betting there are other games that these don't work for.

Comment

Seems to be taking ages for them to get anything WHQL-certified out, around 2 months since they released my current drivers. Probably messing about ,fine tuning the pointless, crazy money:- triple sli performance

Comment

did not any improvment for me

Comment

Thanks for the links, gonna give them a shot.

Comment

The 171 betas benchmark worse and have been out for WELL over a couple days now on various hardware sites. The best UT3 drivers atm proven are 169.32. 169.38 are slighthly worse and equal to 169.28. 171.x are on the bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by [YS]Alienz View Post
                            The 171 betas benchmark worse and have been out for WELL over a couple days now on various hardware sites. The best UT3 drivers atm proven are 169.32. 169.38 are slighthly worse and equal to 169.28. 171.x are on the bottom.
                            You know, that's actually the impression I got from the various betas. The 171s were crappy and unstable; 174 is stable and nice, but seems perhaps slightly weaker in Ut3. Hard to tell because most of the time I exceed my FPS cap, and when I'm not its the CPU bottleneck.

171+ is worth it thought because you can set the pre-render frame limtit, and setting it lower than the default of 3 is vastly preferable in an intense FPS like Ut3.

Comment

wait for the latest officials or at least official betas. op is just trying to promote that site. these 17x betas are coming out almost daily no point in wasting your time with every set.

Comment

Working...
                              X