GFX help needed please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GFX help needed please?

I've recently bought a BFG 8800 GTX OC graphics card. For some some reason, when I look at the temperature and the clock speeds, the GPU memory clock, is 500MHz slower that what it should be, its 900MHz instead of 1400MHz.
    Is this something to be worried about, or can I change it without voiding my warranty and blowing my card let alone my house to bits?

I think the graphic card automatically underclocks itself to reduce electric consumption when you don't use it at its full capability... when you are not playing for instance.

Comment

thanks for helping me out . i'll check it once i start playing a game.

Comment

Do you realie that the memory is DDR2? (Double Data Rate) thefore the number you probably see should be doubled. By default its 900MHz (1800Mhz) on 8800GTXs

Comment

I think you may be confusing the GPU or base clock with the memory clock. The memory clock is DDR3, not the GPU.

The 8800 cards GPU or base clock from 500 to 700MHz. The 320MB card clocks the lowest at 500MHz and the 512MB GT and GTS clock the highest 600MHz and up. Even though they are all called 8800, there are actually 2 different GPUs.

Comment

Working...
          X