X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Corey View Post
    Gimme a few weeks.
    http://www.allprogamers.net/forum/up...ead.php?t=1362

That is my friends site I help run with him.
    Man if you do this I can finally see myself becoming a regular online gamer and that would be cool.

Comment

lol i dont play ut3 anymore but 2day it changed my mind and the minds of more than 10 people i no!!(cus i told them about it duh.. lol) because! we found an invasion server!! and it was awesome )) so im back to playing ut3 and have found instagib servers with dodge jump 2 so ut3 here i come again !!..............since it was the first inv server the monsters r kinda gay(k but nothing like awesome) if they made invasion monster packs and made them look so real and scary and awesome i know a lot of people would get ut3. A lot of inv servers are full in ut2k4, if they see awesome monsters big and small and weird looking and with the ut3 graphics omg i know they and a lot of people would buy the game just for that game type. Cus a lot of kids just like killing monsters lol

Comment

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
        Man if you do this I can finally see myself becoming a regular online gamer and that would be cool.
        I will start a new thread for that later on in the General Chat area with how we will have it configed.

Comment

GoW looks really cool too but given my real life time commitments, I have cast my lot with UT.

I am 49 and haven't stopped playing UT since 2004.

Glad to see your dad is playing UT. Not many of us old farts around.

Comment

I'll be joining the 40+ club in a little over a month...

Another Epic fanboy here - loved Unreal onwards, though sadly disappointed with UT3. Still trying to love it though. I might get there!

Comment

Originally posted by Benfica View Post

Let's hope that some guys get this once and for all:

It's not what you say, it's the way you say it!

Let me tell you how I see Epic and the game:
              - I have respect for people that WORK, anywhere.
              - I have outmost respect for CREATIVITY.
              - I don't have anything against dudes that live at 5000Km from me on a state of other country.
              - One thing is making mistakes or leave something to do, other is making ones that have anything to do with you, others even are the ones that hurt you, and even others is making it on purpose to hurt you. Only the 4th type allows one to really troll and bash someone else.
              - I liked UT2004 and had lots of fun. As if it wasn't enough I got ECE expansion pack for free
              - UT3 has/had problems, even though it was 90 right for me. With patches it is even better, let's say 95%. I just don't say my particular version of 5% of the "The truth" *sigh* hundreds of times on an arrogant fashion to anyone because I get a kick out of it.
              - If I want to bash, there are millions of people/entities/businesses/orgs, etc... that have never done anything for me. Some of them even took the iniciative to hurt or screw with me. If I want to look badass like guys that bash just because it's cool, popular, they get an hardon, or like to ride bandwagons, instead of having a technical reason or have something new to say, maybe I have better targets.

And I read the forum rules, I don't have anything to oppose, etc... But this part is important :

I'm a COSTUMER, this is a product forum, and I do NOT want it littered with your ****. I'm liking Epic's post-sales service of patching the game, giving extra content for free (ex: UT2004-ECE) and cleaning the forum, so that I can get extra value out of the product I purchased! I appreciate Epic's work, product, etc... but what I really am is against some anonymous guys that try to reduce the value of what I pay for, and most of those are really arrogant guys in real life that wouldn't have balls to call me "fanboy" face to face.
              Amen to this. whats with the "epic fanboy" label anyhow i mean wtf did that come from...... Its a site for unreal tournament.... run by the company that made unreal tournament. Why the hell are people who dont like unreal tournament even on it and whats with the epic fanboy crud, its seriously like calling a lady at a catshow a "petlover"... i mean really. No im not a UT fan folks, ive accidentally clicked here trying to get information on becoming a concert violinist, please dont call me an epic fanboy that would really upset me :P

PS im 34 do i get to play with the oldies too? hehe

Comment

Again folks the server that Corey is talking about is really hopefully going to be for the 40 and over crowd ... its something special for those of us who have put in at least 4 decades on this crazy world. Like I said in my original post requesting the server ... you'll understand once you hit 40. There are plenty of servers out there for you younger folks .. enjoy them. Finally some reverse age discrimination. I am getting tired of feeling on the outs of the "cool" world because wow I am in my 40's .. the horror of it all .. heh well now its our turn .. revenge of the oldies.

@Corey ... you pretty much know who the 40 plus crowd is and you can tell how old people are many times by how they act so if someone slip through the cracks and finds out where the server is all we have to do is just observe people's behavior and we should be able to spot folks under 40. I am really serious about this because finally I can see a light at the end of the tunnel when it comes to me and online gaming. We'll think of someway ... its like that site for gamers who are 25 and older ... although I don't like that place at all which is why I want this to happen so badly.

Comment

hehehee well you guys have fun still a good thread

Comment

Originally posted by Corey View Post
                    Great picture, glad to see your dad is into gaming.

There are some old timers out there who still like to rock the keyboard and mouse, me being one of them.
                    I will be 51 shortly.

Fist UT game was UTGOTY when it came out.
                    Bought it at the same time Quake III was out.
                    I figured you were an old guy when you mentioned IBM clicky keyboards. I will be 51 in June...

I'd love to play on an over 40 server. Here is me from behind. I haven't had a haircut since August 2001.

Another picture of me in an old computer room:

Comment

I'd try Gears of War, but I heard there's a major bug where you can't save your games with the PC version (so I won't be buying it).

Comment

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
                        @Corey ... you pretty much know who the 40 plus crowd is and you can tell how old people are many times by how they act so if someone slip through the cracks and finds out where the server is all we have to do is just observe people's behavior and we should be able to spot folks under 40. I am really serious about this because finally I can see a light at the end of the tunnel when it comes to me and online gaming. We'll think of someway ... its like that site for gamers who are 25 and older ... although I don't like that place at all which is why I want this to happen so badly.
                        don't leave my 35 year old rear end out of it, ffs..

Comment

My Dad is close to 70 and he plays UT2004 (machine can't handle UT3). He sucks, but he plays. Besides, he needs something to do while drinking Windsor & Water

Comment

Originally posted by Crotale View Post
                            Now this is enthusiasm. Two thumbs up from Crotale!
                            Ha,hi Crotale,thank you very much brotha,glad you like it.=]
                            Originally posted by MonsOlympus View Post
                            Great thread man and nice pic , heres my little addition perhaps I should do one with me in it nah I dont like camera's hehe

[screenshot]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a123/OlympusMons/UT99_Box.jpg[/screenshot]
                            Nice pic Mons,I don't have this version of UT,but the game rocks like hell.Thank you,too.=]
                            Originally posted by Crotale View Post
                            I'm old too, compared to most on here (mid-40's). But I like Anubis' enthusiasm. I only hope it is contagious.
                            Oh c'mon,it doesn't matter if you are too old,you know,only our body is getting old,but our soul keeps young and I think you are a nice buddy.
                            Originally posted by [TT]BrundleFly View Post
                            I figured you were an old guy when you mentioned IBM clicky keyboards. I will be 51 in June...

I'd love to play on an over 40 server. Here is me from behind. I haven't had a haircut since August 2001.

Another picture of me in an old computer room:
                            Hey man,that are very good pics of you,nice decoration of your PC place,hehe.51 in June,holla,you are much older than me,but you still play Unreal and that's awesome.
                            Originally posted by Elohim View Post
                            My Dad is close to 70 and he plays UT2004 (machine can't handle UT3). He sucks, but he plays. Besides, he needs something to do while drinking Windsor & Water
                            Of course,gaming is a very nice free time activity and when parents or older persons do like it also to play on the PC,then it can be very cool.Sure,my dad is 46 years old,but it isn't important for me,he likes it to play Unreal and to do mapping.

And a very big thank you to all the other people here,glad you like it,you people are rock'in.I'm very happy that I got so many replies,I didn't expected this,but it is awesome that I got severals replies.Thank you very much folks.

Comment

Working...
                            X