Duel matches need tweeking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duel matches need tweeking

The problem here is that you can have 2 equally skilled people waiting in line to play someone that is 10 times better than both of them. These 2 people will never play each other because they are going to lose to the guy on top and go back to the end of the line. Think of all the very close matches we could have had, but instead everyone gets there butt kicked by one guy.

To fix this problem, we need max 2 people in duel servers and randomly match people together by closest rank as possible. This way we will see many more match ups online, and people will not be discourged from playing.

Just my opinion.

so you're saying that in the same situation with 3 people, the player with the highest rank should not be able to play?

Comment

The rank is no indicator of skill really.

Comment

No, I am saying when you play ranked duel matches, it will randomly set you up with someone close to your rank, eg someone ranked 1, 20, 47, and 60 are online. Ranked 1 and 20 will play and rank 47 and 60 will play in another match, instead of 47 and 60 waiting to lose to number 1 in a never ending cycle.

Comment

stfu that makes too much sense.

Comment

I liked the system in Jedi Academy. A bunch of people idle in the server and you can walk up to someone and challenge them; when you do, no one else can interfere with any of you.

Comment

Quake's a bad game but duel server are the best! The server work like a little ladder. So if you are 4 on a server, there's 2 2v2 match at the same time and the winner of each match play finally in the final (or something like that).

I think Ut should copy that but there's so many thing to tweak in this beta game that we can't really count on that kind of thing lol

Comment

Working...
              X