Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Few questions about UT3! (Console and pc version)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by RoadKillGrill View Post
    1. Is it true that the ps3 is 30% slower? If so, does it feel like a really big difference? Yes and yes, the PS3 version also has a permanent AIM ASSIST that is on both the **** and the Mouse control. It moves the mouse for you and gets very annoying after short use. The Keyboard controls on the PS3 don't allow dodging either, so a Mouse+ **** is the best setup for it.

2. Which version sold the most? Ps3, or pc? (Counting that the ps3 will boost a little more when it is released in EU in a few days)
    Last i know the PS3, both are not stellar sales.

3. Which version do you prefer if you've played both?
    PC, by a large margin, The speed, more Configurable, No auto aim, Dedicated servers, More up to date (Ps3 has not received a patch yet), and more challenging players on the PC version too. You CANNOT emulate a PC experience with the PS3 even with the Mouse and KB, the Aim assist with slower speed(this is also enhanced by the lack of player that don't dodge) make it feel inferior to the PC version.

4. Which version got most people playing?
    Id still say PC, I can never find a good low ping servers on the ps3 version, if you want to play with the Mouse you limit your search to about 2-5 servers AT ALL. The PS3 is capped at 16 player servers if i can remember right where as the PC is now 32 and soon 64.

I have played both versions a decent amount of hours. I am more PC biased as many of my favorite FPS are on the PC(Quake 3,Tribes, UT, Serious Sam). I do not play many FPS on the Console, Goldeneye and Halo are the only two FPS on the Console I remember playing, and I don't enjoy Halo.
    What he said !!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by mobusta View Post
    lol xtra i jus told u all this on the server a little while ago
    haha This was asked before that though

Leave a comment:

• replied
    lol xtra i jus told u all this on the server a little while ago

Leave a comment:

• replied
    1. Is it true that the ps3 is 30% slower? If so, does it feel like a really big difference? Yes and yes, the PS3 version also has a permanent AIM ASSIST that is on both the **** and the Mouse control. It moves the mouse for you and gets very annoying after short use. The Keyboard controls on the PS3 don't allow dodging either, so a Mouse+ **** is the best setup for it.

2. Which version sold the most? Ps3, or pc? (Counting that the ps3 will boost a little more when it is released in EU in a few days)
    Last i know the PS3, both are not stellar sales.

PC, by a large margin, The speed, more Configurable, No auto aim, Dedicated servers, More up to date (Ps3 has not received a patch yet), and more challenging players on the PC version too. You CANNOT emulate a PC experience with the PS3 even with the Mouse and KB, the Aim assist with slower speed(this is also enhanced by the lack of player that don't dodge) make it feel inferior to the PC version.

Id still say PC, I can never find a good low ping servers on the ps3 version, if you want to play with the Mouse you limit your search to about 2-5 servers AT ALL. The PS3 is capped at 16 player servers if i can remember right where as the PC is now 32 and soon 64.

I have played both versions a decent amount of hours. I am more PC biased as many of my favorite FPS are on the PC(Quake 3,Tribes, UT, Serious Sam). I do not play many FPS on the Console, Goldeneye and Halo are the only two FPS on the Console I remember playing, and I don't enjoy Halo.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Supposedly the ps3 version is slower ... i cant imagine playing UT "slowly" its not that kinda game
    ps3 prob sold more/will sell more
    i dont own a console and dont like console controllers so im biased
    no idea who has more ppl playing - theres usually a decent amount of players in DM and CTF matches every night i look for a game. would be nice if there were more, but i dont have trouble finding a good game most of the time.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Few questions about UT3! (Console and pc version)

Few questions about UT3! (Console and pc version)

1. Is it true that the ps3 is 30% slower? If so, does it feel like a really big difference?
Working...
X