Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to remove jump sounds?

Hi all,

I decided to play with the smallest character, so its harder for my opponents to hit me (or at least i like to believe that). The problem is that i now have to play with a female character and she makes a horrible sound when i jump/dodge. I can set the SFX volume to 0, but then i also dont hear the guns anymore. Does someone know how to remove the annoying sounds at an ini-file or something? Thanks!

ok well first of all, you can even make your character as small as an ant...
    the hitboxes will keep the same so character size is irrevelant to the game...
    and second i dont think it is possible to "remove" any sounds too, because that would be called cheating

Comment

Well.. its already possible to put the volume @ zero.. I dont think removing sounds is cheating, since deaf people are also allowed to play the game :P. I just dont want to loose my gun-sounds. I still think a smaller character is better, maybe because its harder to see them :P.

Comment

Originally posted by martin633 View Post
        Hi all,

I decided to play with the smallest character, so its harder for my opponents to hit me (or at least i like to believe that).
        i did this for a while too, but then Laurens' taunts got annoying hearing them so often. I like to create a character without shoulderpads, small helmet (or just googles/mask), and choose the armors that have alot of dark pieces (if you arent playing as necris)

Comment

If you change the following line in your UTengine.ini file, under the section [Engine.AudioDevice]

SoundGroups=(GroupName=Character,Properties=(Volum e=1))

to

SoundGroups=(GroupName=Character,Properties=(Volum e=0))

it will do what you wish, plus perhaps more, I just had a quick check, there may be other undesired effects, but it's easy to change/change back, give it a whirl if you like. At your own risk of course

[edit] I don't know why the (Volume=1)) in the above example has a space between the m and the e but it should not, and I can't seem to change it

[edit 2] One undesirable, or maybe desirable, depending on yourself, effect of changing the above mentioned line, is that you won't hear your footsteps, nor will you hear your opponents, which will be a disadvantage, so there will be other things as well. Anyway see what you think.

Comment

Thnx RandomLurkingMonk! I will try this as soon as i get home. I don't mind if i cant hear my own footsteps, but not hearing your opponent might suck... I will just test it. Thnx!

Comment

ok i figured out that i dont care about opponents footsteps. I play iCTF so no time to wait around a corner so where till you hear someone :P. It's enough for me that i hear everyone's gun... Thanks for the help

Comment

Working...
              X