Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 Sound Levels are Chaotic?

Hey all,

I don't know if it's just my rig, but I have some really strange imbalances between sound levels in this game.

For starters, I have my windows volume set at exactly half way, and the majority of my games also at half way. This allows me to easily adjust up or down as the situation demands.

However, with UT3, I have my sound turned down to 1 for all components.

Even so, the introduction movies sound as though they're ripping apart my speakers, there's so much distortion. I should just disable them, but it'd ruin my point I forget about it all the time, and move from another game to UT3 only to almost fall out of my chair at the Epic logo OMGTHISGAMEISMADEBYEPIC*EXPLODE*.

Also, in-game the weapon/music levels seem good, but the vehicles are all insanely quiet (I don't hear the manta until moments before it pancakes me) while the announcers voice seems excessively loud. Also, spider mines are impossible to hear until they're close enough to jump at my face.

Is there a way to tweak individual volume levels for these things? And does anyone else have this strange problem?

Well the vehicles being quiet is normal. I hate it, we all hate it, but it's not a bug, it's a design choice. The opening movie problem sounds annoying. You really should disable them in the .ini. You still have a point, it'll just save your ears/speakers and a little time too. Who wants to watch opening ads?

Comment

Originally posted by bclagge View Post
      Well the vehicles being quiet is normal. I hate it, we all hate it, but it's not a bug, it's a design choice. The opening movie problem sounds annoying. You really should disable them in the .ini. You still have a point, it'll just save your ears/speakers and a little time too. Who wants to watch opening ads?
      where did they say it was a design choice? i always assumed it was bug and they knew it was a bug

Comment

Playing floodgate with headphones is suicide. The second you hit a spider mine it squeals in your face and your ears start to bleed from the pain which makes the whole experience somewhat more unpleasant than it should be.

Comment

can't believe there was no intro movie...that was my first ever disappointment with the game. i couldn't wait till i saw it. 99 and 2k4 had one. i wanted to see the new graphics

Comment

Yep, I have UT3 on level 1 and I have to turn my windows sound level to almost nothing. I was using headphones with a volume control on the cord, but got a new pair without it, and ouch!

So many problems, how did this get released as a retail package.!

Comment

^

Comment

Dunno if this helps, hope it does, I have all sounds (except music at 3, music is maxed) thats the best imho, It's wierd I have to pretty much do the same thing in GW's, but for me - 3/30% for all sounds except music works best (I like listening to the music games have to offer)

Comment

Working...
                X