Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finding a good match (high ranking players)...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finding a good match (high ranking players)...

What's up guys... I noticed that it's extremely difficult to find rooms filled with high ranking players. Instead, I get into a game and end up ranking down even though I dominate most of the matches. I know the ranking system is based on Elo, but how should I know if I'm playing against anyone with rank? I mean, even noobies play alright sometimes. It confuses the hell outa me when I play someone who does alright and then end up having my rank drop dramatically (Earlier I was 54 and then dropped to 180). So my question is... How do the rest of the top ranking players find good rooms to frag in? It's hard to base my plays on midway servers, which seem to be filled with a mix of both good and bad. How does everyone keep their rank if they're not playing high ranking people ALL the time? Just wanted to see what everyone has to say...

If you play DM, play in UMG servers, alot of high ranks clutter on thoese.

Comment

How do you know which ones are UMG servers, aside from if they're named that?

Comment

I think he's a PS3 player. The UMG servers are the place to be for the PC end of things. Not sure about the PS3.

Comment

my sig for not so noob players

Comment

Yeah, sad to say, I'm on PS3... I just wanna play people who are worth playing for the console I got :/

Comment

UT3 is the best game out on PS3 right now though... I got hooked on the whole series back with UT2003 and I know that the PC has the definite advantage. I appreciate your help, but are there any ranking PS3 users out there with some good advice?

Comment

If you truly deserve to be placed high, you have to play noobs as well. The trick is to play conservatively when you're playing against them, trying to minimize your deaths. If you win a deathmatch with 0 deaths, there's no way your rank can fall.

Comment

Originally posted by DeathmooN View Post
                  If you truly deserve to be placed high, you have to play noobs as well. The trick is to play conservatively when you're playing against them, trying to minimize your deaths. If you win a deathmatch with 0 deaths, there's no way your rank can fall.
                  He's right, tho winning a deathmatch with 0 deaths is kinda hard to do unless you play a certain rather less satisfying way. I'll usually die a couple of times in a DM. Doesn't seem to harm me tho, even if im not playin UT much anymore atm.

Anyway newgods, if you want to be playing high ranked players on the PS3 look for Roughnex servers in the evening (we have 5 players in the top 10 (1,2,3,5,8), so there's usually atleast 2 of us in one). Rooms are usually hosted by Lanky, an ya can't really miss him if you look at the leaderboards as he's 1st on there. Bare in mind tho we're from the EU so times may vary for ya. More competition is good!

Jus don't join and play like a scrub, fed up of people joining because they're rankwhores who just want good stats, as they basically all end up camping their flag in CTF (when they are losing) in a bid not to get killed so they can say they own.

Comment

Thanks bro I'll have to look out for you guys more... I've actually got both you and Lanky on my list, my UT nic is xXD3usBeLLiXx... and btw, I don't believe in camping seeing as how thats f**king lame. I just enjoy some good ol' face to face competition once in a while. And yea, I'm out of the US so I hope my ping isn't too bad. I appreciate your help Makhina, see you around!

Comment

Originally posted by MoonBlood View Post
                      I think he's a PS3 player. The UMG servers are the place to be for the PC end of things. Not sure about the PS3.
                      what happened to the UMG CTF server? I cant find it anymore

also check here for higher level games #ut3ctf @ irc.gameradius.com

Comment

Working...
                      X