• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how about a tornado in UT3? :D

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=Ws-_UteBXn0

more info can be found here

http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache...lnk&cd=1&gl=uk

especially impressed in how you can blow out walls and roofs!

Ha ha. Is that running about 5 FPS???

Comment

lmao.. finishing the vid off with "twisting the night away" was a nice touch..

Comment

Originally posted by s8nskeep View Post
        Ha ha. Is that running about 5 FPS???
        depends how toss your pc is really doesnt it

Processor: 2.13 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, AMD Athlon FX-60 or higher
        System RAM: 1 GB or higher
        Video Card: NVIDIA 7900 GT, AMD/ATI Radeon X1900 or higher
        Hard Drive Space: 1 GB free
        Physics Card: AGEIA PhysX 100 Series*
        PhysX Driver: AGEIA PhysX System Software version 7.09.13 or newer

* The AGEIA Extreme Physics Mod requires an AGEIA PhysX Accelerator to run at a sustainable playable frame rate on most systems

Comment

Originally posted by Brad.G View Post
          depends how toss your pc is really doesnt it

Processor: 2.13 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, AMD Athlon FX-60 or higher
          System RAM: 1 GB or higher
          Video Card: NVIDIA 7900 GT, AMD/ATI Radeon X1900 or higher
          Hard Drive Space: 1 GB free
          Physics Card: AGEIA PhysX 100 Series*
          PhysX Driver: AGEIA PhysX System Software version 7.09.13 or newer

* The AGEIA Extreme Physics Mod requires an AGEIA PhysX Accelerator to run at a sustainable playable frame rate on most systems

OR an 8 series nvidia card when they come out with the software.

Currently yes that tornado map runs like **** and something happens when you are in it a while and it becomes like 5 fps everywhere in the map eventually, that will change for me when nvidia releases the patch to alloy physx to run on the 8 series card.

Comment

it tried that once and the fps were not tooooooooooooo bad on my system. something around 15-20 on a 8800GT with Q6600

Comment

Actually that's one of the levels done by Ageia to demonstrate their physics hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by WarTourist View Post
                Actually that's one of the levels done by Ageia to demonstrate their physics hardware.
                yes, theres another one with a lighthouse but i havent checked that out as yet

Comment

Originally posted by Cenotaph View Post
                  it tried that once and the fps were not tooooooooooooo bad on my system. something around 15-20 on a 8800GT with Q6600
                  In CTF-Tornado, I drop down to almost 30 only in certain parts of the flag room, most of the map I am 50+FPS

Try CTF-Lighthouse and see how long before you drop into the single digits and remain there. I drop way down to 26 some places in the flag room but run 50+ most everywhere else.

My very obsolete specs;
                  Opty 180 @ 2.6GHz (socket 939)(AMD Dual-Core Optimizer)
                  DFI Infinity NF4 SLI (nforce 6.85 driver)
                  2GB DDR400 (value ram)
                  2 X 7950GT 570MHz 512MB SLI (169.04 driver)
                  Ageia PhysX (1.1.1.14 driver)(quiet Vantec Iceberg 5)
                  SB Live 24 bit (1.004.0055 driver)
                  XP64 pro SP2 until Linux port arrives
                  1600x1200, 3-3 quality, 47-85 FPS (I set an 85 FPS cap => refresh rate)
                  1600x1200, 3-3 quality, 26-77 FPS PhysX maps
                  UT3 ver. 1.1

Comment

Originally posted by WarTourist View Post
                    There is more on the way. Check this out. DM-HEATRAY_PHYSX

http://www.ageia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=168

Comment

Originally posted by oldkawman1 View Post
                      There is more on the way. Check this out. DM-HEATRAY_PHYSX

http://www.ageia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=168
                      It looks awesome..

Before I heard about Nvidia buying Ageia, I actually felt sorry for them, because I love the realism involved with Physics, but with their card sales being overall slow, and not many games taking any advantage of the PPU at all, it just didn't seem like a good investment. Hopefully Nvidia will step up and FULLY integrate it into their cards, making physics inevitable.

Though I'm also looking forward to the engine Havoc

Comment

Originally posted by Giggity View Post
                        It looks awesome..

Before I heard about Nvidia buying Ageia, I actually felt sorry for them, because I love the realism involved with Physics, but with their card sales being overall slow, and not many games taking any advantage of the PPU at all, it just didn't seem like a good investment. Hopefully Nvidia will step up and FULLY integrate it into their cards, making physics inevitable.

Though I'm also looking forward to the engine Havoc
                        Looks like Intel has that on hold for now. But, the PPU will be supported and will likely be the only PhysX hardware for at least a year. Then if you do not have SLI with dual 8800 cards, it will be the least expensive PhysX hardware for quite a while after that. In any case, it's only $100 and it lets you play now. I will download this tonight and check out the action on the server.

My very obsolete specs;
                        Opty 180 @ 2.6GHz (socket 939)(AMD Dual-Core Optimizer)
                        DFI Infinity NF4 SLI (nforce 6.85 driver)
                        2GB DDR400 (value ram)
                        2 X 7950GT 570MHz 512MB SLI (169.04 driver)
                        Ageia PhysX (1.1.1.14 driver)(quiet Vantec Iceberg 5)
                        SB Live 24 bit (1.004.0055 driver)
                        XP64 pro SP2 until Linux port arrives
                        1600x1200, 3-3 quality, 47-85 FPS (I set an 85 FPS cap => refresh rate)
                        1600x1200, 3-3 quality, 26-77 FPS PhysX maps
                        UT3 ver. 1.1

Comment

very cool stuff, thats been around awhile but it doesnt get tired. itll be fun a lil ways down the line to see what kind of things can be done with the physx effects!

Comment

Old news.
                            Also i had a nightmare trying to download the maps when it first came out,seems to lose connection near the end

Comment

Played the DM-Heatray-PHYX offline and online, nice. This map has a very different flow than the original due to the different weapon placement. It's a good example of adding "stuff" and they added alot. But my FPS stayed high. Highest FPS on any PhyX map so far, almost always 60+ and only a few places where it dips below that. The first time I played it there were a couple pauses during the game, one was 10 seconds or more, but that did not happen again. The map took longer to load the first time as I have seen previously on "new" maps.

Comment

Working...
                              X