New Game server site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Game server site

I am gathering the pros and cons of hosting Game servers with my company. I have a few questions, do we need another hosting site? What would you like in a hosting site? Normal cost of DS and the associated rights to the server.

I am running a UT3 dedicated server. I would like to host it at work where hardware, bandwidth, and space are already in place.

Any ideas on this are welcome.

Hey there...that'd be awesome, we need as many servers as we can with reasonable bandwidth. Unfortunately UT3 community is not that big at the moment, but i am sure it will get better with further patches. So ya go ahead give it shot.

Btw, where do you work so that you can host a game server?

Comment

I work for an all around network company. We admin networks, host/build websites, and manage databases. I am just a tech looking for a niche, if it can be done with UT3 I am all about it.

Comment

give it a shot - check some other game hosting sites to see what they do - the info is pretty standard - and goodluck!

Comment

I know loads of providers who can provide me a server if I wanted to. For me, there is no need for another one except if they were cheaper.

Comment

Europe is tied up imo, not a clue about america though

Comment

What is cheap? What kind of service/resources do you get? Would you pay more for remote access to the server via RDP or VNC?

Comment

Originally posted by NoNameAirman View Post
                What is cheap? What kind of service/resources do you get? Would you pay more for remote access to the server via RDP or VNC?
                Cheap is less then 1 euro per private slot or 1,50 euro per public slot. Note: less than that! Caus those are the cheapest ones atm including a helpdesk/helpservice through irc and remote access.

Comment

bumpbump!!

Comment

Working...
                  X