Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UnrealEd download for PS3 UT3 owners to use on the PC?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UnrealEd download for PS3 UT3 owners to use on the PC?

I would like to know if we can get a verison of UnrealEd 3 for the people lkike me who chose to buy it for the PS3 instead of on the PC.

I used to make levels for the origonal UT; the newer ones just didn't feel the same; Now UT3 is out and it is more fun that the first one!! But I don't have access to UnrealEd 3 so i can't make levels The PC users get it for free so it is only fair if the PS3 owners who can prove they own it, can get a download version of the tools for the PC.

Has one been released?
    Is one in the works?

MWMDragon

You need the full PC game to use the editor anyway. If they released it for free to people who hadn't bought the PC version, they'd end up giving the game away for free to anyone who knew how to download it.

Comment

http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...d.php?t=602049

Comment

totally agree with the OP ps3 peeps who want it should be able to get it.

Comment

Originally posted by mwmdragon View Post
          The PC users get it for free so it is only fair if the PS3 owners who can prove they own it, can get a download version of the tools for the PC.
          wow.. just get the PC version then.

Comment

Game UT3.exe = Editor

game assets

blah blah epic has better things to do blah blah

had to condense it, been said too much

Comment

Never going to happen,so get used to it.
              If you want the ed,then buy the pc version simple.

Comment

It's been said plenty of times. If you have the editor on PC then you have the game. Now Epic are hardly going to release UT3 for free are they?

Comment

Would you be able to use the editor on a pc thats not up to spec ?
                  ie; a bog standard laptop intel pentium M 1.6ghz with 502 mb Ram ???
                  Would buy the pc version just to use the editor..

Comment

Originally posted by CurrentlyNoUse View Post
                    probably not.. the editor is resource intensive..

Comment

Originally posted by CurrentlyNoUse View Post
                      Hey, I kinda have the same laptop, only it additionally has an ATI X300 in it

But look there: http://www.ut2341.com/UT3SystemScore/

I don't think we can run this

Comment

UT3 serial code

To better provide services for your users, Epic, I suggest that you allow home owners of the PS3 version of the game, to download a stand alone of UnrealEd, provided that the users using it can cough up a VALID upc from the package of the UT3 package of the PS3 version.

Comment

And, as for that site, it is trash, the plugin is from alienware... it gave my PC a 12 when I personally know that my PC should be at least a 20

Comment

Working...
                          X