PS3 - Package "Core" Not Downloadable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS3 - Package "Core" Not Downloadable

On some servers I'm getting this error. I know this error is normal for custom maps since you need to import those not download them directly from the servers. But it is happening for whatever "Core" is. The map on the server at the time of trying is a standard one, not a custom one. So what's "Core"?

Is it a problem with my installation or have other people got this?

Another thing I noticed there now seems to be European DM servers from Midway online? Pinging like 50-100? So I assume it's the Euro servers up. Anyway itt is these servers among some others that I get the error "Package Core Not Downloadable". They had no players in but another server I got the error on did have players in, so I hope it's not a problem I've got. I only just reinstalled the game data to the PS3 HDD so I'm confused.

Any ideas?

Usually I would associate such an error with having a different patch version to the server. But on the PS3 no idea.

Comment

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=602636

It's when you're trying to join a EU server with a US copy. That will be fixed once the patch is out, and the game is released in EU.

I've seen that message before though, like a month or so ago. I don't know if they were testing EU servers or what, because it was the same core message.

Comment

Yeah I'm sure I got it on another server yesterday, was not an official Midway one.

Maybe theres people out there with the EU version early. Developers, friends of developers perhaps.

Comment

I have the US version and I'm in europe..
          yesterday I'd seen the same "core package not downloadable" error when trying to connect to a hosted room (not a midway server, a player's created match)... there were about 4 players in it so maybe there are already some PAL UT3s out!
          Now I'm sure that the core package is something that the european version has (not depending on server type) and our version hasn't.
          So I think european version owners can play in a USA server or a match created by me, but we can't play in a match hosted by them.

EPIC please date this patch!

Comment

Easy fix-buy a PC. :P

Comment

Originally posted by Paolosev91 View Post
              I have the US version and I'm in europe..
              yesterday I'd seen the same "core package not downloadable" error when trying to connect to a hosted room (not a midway server, a player's created match)... there were about 4 players in it so maybe there are already some PAL UT3s out!
              Now I'm sure that the core package is something that the european version has (not depending on server type) and our version hasn't.
              So I think european version owners can play in a USA server or a match created by me, but we can't play in a match hosted by them.

EPIC please date this patch!
              Once the patch for the US version is released, everything will work just fine. Hopefully we will get the patch pretty soon.

Comment

Originally posted by FuLLBLeeD View Post
                Easy fix-buy a PC. :P
                Oh no, banned those out of my life a year ago! Gaming = PS3, work + da internetz = Mac...

Comment

Originally posted by Erp View Post
                  Oh no, banned those out of my life a year ago! Gaming = PS3, work + da internetz = Mac...
                  lol.. more chars

Comment

same here cant play with my us version on a EU midway server.
                    Im french.
                    i have wrote a msg to wartourist if the version could play together..but still no answer.
                    epic patch pls!

Comment

He's already made a comment on this

Originally posted by WarTourist View Post
                      Hi guys. The European PS3 version is a slightly different version and won't be joinable by US versions. The patch we're working on will bring both US and European versions into sync though, and after that point will be able to play together.

And no, we don't have a release date for the PS3 patch .

Comment

Working...
                      X