a small request for next editor update.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a small request for next editor update.

I don't even have the editor, I am a PS3 player. But this is an issue that alot of people have been complaining about in custom map threads, and a small editor fix would really help. For some reason that makes no sense, by default, on custom DM maps that have vehicles, the editor locks all vehicles in TDM. They all work fine in DM, but all are locked in TDM, unless the modder goes back and specifically unlocks them for TDM, and they really shouldn't have to do that. Just a request, but this is constantly a problem for people like me, who don't like DM, but LOVE TDM. This is happening on every map, maps with vehicles that is.

What kind of editor fix are you proposing? This just seems like one more among many, many properties that mappers need to learn to set during the creation of a level.

Comment

So it makes perfect sense to you that by default, the editor has vehicles perfectly unlocked in DM, buy all locked, for all players in TDM? I'm not a map maker (yet) but it seems like something that shouldn't need any extra effort in the first place. I mean, a patch is coming out soon right? This issue seems like a simple matter of changing a 0 to a 1 somewhere in the code, to save alot of grief. Again, I'm not a modder, but it's something all the mappers overlooks, so obviously, it's not an obvious thing. I'm just thinking out loud anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry L View Post
        This issue seems like a simple matter of changing a 0 to a 1 somewhere in the code.
        lol... strong statement from someone who doesnt mod/map/design

but Larry has a point.. by default you would imagine "Generally the most practicle settings"

its a good suggestion, and somthing which saves a little work for mappers, and eradicates those mistakes of the mapper forgetting to configure TDM

Comment

There's very little you can just place in a level as-is - in the average map, nearly everything you add will need its properties altered from the default in one area or another. In the case of vehicles, their default settings would've been made with Warfare and VCTF in mind, so it stands to reason that you'd have to configure them differently to make them work properly in TDM.

Comment

I would like to see the cook icon and scale grid in an better area when you use lower res.

Comment

Working...
            X