New EU midway servers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New EU midway servers

New servers have come up midway servers, with a ping of 63..im in london. However, when i connect it says package "core" is not available.

Are these servers in preparation for the upcoming EU release?

If so, is the reason i cannot connect because you dont want anyone to connect yet or is it because i have NTSC version of UT3.

Will "core" be downloadable/importable?

Any ideas people?

I have no answer to the "Core package" question of yours, but I was just wondering how your statement of the server ping is in any way related to the core package issue itself?
    And also, the server browser pings are deceiving and inaccurate, you have to be in the server using the "stat net" feature to find out the actual ping.

Comment

ah sorry im on the PS3 i meant for the upcoming EU ps3 release...22nd of february.

I assume that as i have never seen a midway server with such low ping its based somewhere near me.. and the lowping midway servers all have the "core package" error, but the other 200-300 (US) servers i can connect to without problems

Comment

Originally posted by mangaroo View Post
        ah sorry im on the PS3 i meant for the upcoming EU ps3 release...22nd of february.

I assume that as i have never seen a midway server with such low ping its based somewhere near me.. and the lowping midway servers all have the "core package" error, but the other 200-300 (US) servers i can connect to without problems
        Maybe this is more a question for the troubleshooting forum?

Comment

I posted the same info / question / topic here http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=602627

Comment

Originally posted by mangaroo View Post

No, its not. Why? These are EU Midway servers and there is no problem because we will be able to play on them soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Erp View Post
              No, its not. Why? These are EU Midway servers and there is no problem because we will be able to play on them soon.
              are you sure we will be able to play on them? im worried they wont allow NTSC players on, how do you know we will be able to play on them?

Thank you, sorry i didnt see your post in the other forum

Comment

Hi guys. The European PS3 version is a slightly different version and won't be joinable by US versions. The patch we're working on will bring both US and European versions into sync though, and after that point will be able to play together.

And no, we don't have a release date for the PS3 patch .

Comment

Originally posted by kaluro View Post
                  I have no answer to the "Core package" question of yours, but I was just wondering how your statement of the server ping is in any way related to the core package issue itself?

I think this is some sort of message that the UT3 version # of the server =/= with our current UT3 version #. It doesn't make sense that the message doesn't contain info about "Core package" being a mutator / map unless the servers run a patched UT3 version.

And also, the server browser pings are deceiving and inaccurate, you have to be in the server using the "stat net" feature to find out the actual ping.[/COLOR]
                  Well, it's actually very simple: These are new dedicated servers, all are numbered >99. Epic doesn't actually need new servers for US player; are all US dedicated server full? They are not. The ping will be higher for US player than the US Midway servers, we can test this. This means the servers are closer to EU players then to US players. On every gametype these new server are live ATM. I think we can all agree these aren't US servers, unless Epic found a way to down the ping with the new patch.

Comment

Originally posted by WarTourist View Post
                    Hi guys. The European PS3 version is a slightly different version and won't be joinable by US versions. The patch we're working on will bring both US and European versions into sync though, and after that point will be able to play together.

And no, we don't have a release date for the PS3 patch .
                    Tnx for the headsup. Exactly as I thought. When was the patch comming out again, you said? LOL. Well, at least after EU release then...

Its good that Epic cleared this up already, or else this topic went all mystifying...

Comment

WarTourist: I have a question and I think others might be interested in the answer as well. I think my question is valid in this topic and there for: on topic.

Q: Will a UT3 match between EU player, where say one has a NTCS copy of the game, run as smooth as too when both have PAL copies? There isn't some sort of redirect stuff happening / in the pipeline, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Erp View Post
                        WarTourist: I have a question and I think others might be interested in the answer as well. I think my question is valid in this topic and there for: on topic.

Q: Will a UT3 match between EU player, where say one has a NTCS copy of the game, run as smooth as too when both have PAL copies? There isn't some sort of redirect stuff happening / in the pipeline, right?
                        i would also be interested in this, but thank you for the fast clarification and honesty on the EU version

Comment

I'm not sure I understand, but once they're all on the same version they'll play identically.

Comment

Originally posted by WarTourist View Post
                            I'm not sure I understand, but once they're all on the same version they'll play identically.
                            Tnx, but I mean more like this:

Does the NTCS game connects by default to a US based server (for stats and news etc) and the PAL version to a EU server - no matter where on the world you play those versions?

Comment

i hope they release this patch soon as i along with a fair number of EU players imported the game and won't be rushing out to buy a new copy

the ps3 community is ok at the moment and was set for a huge boost when it was released in europe but i now worry for its future if this patch takes too long

Comment

Working...
                              X