Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So is Epic planning something for UT's future?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So is Epic planning something for UT's future?

In Unreal Championship 2 you take on Anubis, and rise to leader of the Nakhti, and in the end he is blackmailed into entering the tournament. End of Game.

In Unreal Tournament 3 Reaper goes through fighting the Krall and Necris, untill the end where he vows to get Malcolm. Someone who's actively trying to get people to enter the tournament (He tried to recruit Anubis for his team in UC2, probably because his two Thunder Crash allies died, and came back as Necris)
    Best way to kill Malcolm? Enter the tournament.

Both main characters, neither of their teams available in the other's game, neither particularly fans of Malcolm, with reason to enter the tournament. Perhaps now they release a story with them both entering the tournament?

Had they not named this one after the Tournament I'd of thought that was exactly the idea, but perhaps its still where they're going?

Anubis doesn't really have anything against Malcolm, though. He didn't want to join the Tourney, but it's Liandri that was pulling the strings to get him in, Malcolm just recognized his potential and wanted him on his team. Anubis was actually happy to see Malcolm, or at least slightly honored.

Comment

Regardless my point is that they seem to be setting up a number of well developed characters for some yet to be seen tournament.

Comment

3 characters I would like too see return -

Xan.

Gorge.

Dominator.

All in the same tournament with they're respective teams.

I would also like too see Syzygy back, though that's because im a fan of his.

Comment

Originally posted by Bass4819 View Post
          Regardless my point is that they seem to be setting up a number of well developed characters for some yet to be seen tournament.
          It'd be nice if they'd start an actual plotline between the games, but I wouldn't necessarily bet on it.

Comment

Is it hoping for too much that the classical free expansion packs will develop the story further?

Comment

MSU will probably be announced at GDC.

Comment

Originally posted by Harmatia View Post
                MSU will probably be announced at GDC.
                Any chance you could elaborate those abbreviations for those of us who are less informed?

Comment

Make Something Unreal, it's a modding competition with an award and it drove some of the best mods for UT2004 like Red Orchestra

Comment

Originally posted by 5yzygy View Post
                    I would also like too see Syzygy back, though that's because im a fan of his.
                    wOO
                    Yeah! Syzygy!
                    the ownages with that char!

Comment

Working...
                    X