Need more ram?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tomeis View Post
    IIRC, it's a lot better than my 8600GT and I can pretty much max out UT3. at 1280x1024 (my native res)
    You can? I barely got 25 fps avg / 15-ish min when I tried that, had to go down to settings on 4 and 1024x768 with my 8600GT to get an average 50 fps and not too low spikes...

Thus I upgraded

Comment

Originally posted by B4CK5T4B View Post
      Before buying this game I have...
      Intel D865PERL
      Pentium 4 3.19
      1GB Ram
      7950GT

that's basics... most people have confirmed that I will be able to play the game with reasonable quality... and I was curious to see if I should upgrade and put another GB of ram into the box to make things more smooth... any other fairly low cost options to optimize performance?
      Your videocard is quite ok, but your processor is not. Your processor is heavily bottlenecking your system right now, I'd recommend getting a new processor, a cheap AMD or core2duo to enhance your performance.

I'm quite confident that right now it isn't your ram that's bottlenecking your system, but your processor. But that also depends on several factors which aren't worth mentioning in this small post.

Comment

Originally posted by haslo View Post
        You can? I barely got 25 fps avg / 15-ish min when I tried that, had to go down to settings on 4 and 1024x768 with my 8600GT to get an average 50 fps and not too low spikes...

Thus I upgraded
        yeah I can do that on my 8600gt as well although mine is heavily overclocked. I play at 5/3 @1440X900 res easily. My cpu is an e6750 though.

Comment

Working...
        X