fraim rate & controller question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fraim rate & controller question

Im not a usual PC gamer(mostly on Xbox360 and others) so I dont know much about it really. Ive been reading a few post and was wondering how did some of you find out what your FPS is? is there a button or something I need to press because I would like know how fast mine goes. UT3 plays great for me with no FPS problems unless i leave it on for a long time with out touching it. Gears of war on the other hand is killing me sometimes with this issue. It played perfectly for the first few days but then bahh, Im assuming my PC is using too many back ground programs so Im not too frustrated about it.

2nd, why cant I use any controllers with this game. ive played the unreal games before and so i understand its a key and mouse game but I should atleast be given the option to be able to switch if wanted to right?!! Epic, let me use my xbox360 controller like you did for gears of war(windows) and make it a game for windows franchise so I can get stupid achievements and have more reason to want to try harder.

As for FPS, you can open the console with either F10 (leaves the console open afterwards, close with F10 again) or Tab (for just a single line), and type "stat fps" there, closing with enter. That'll display your current FPS. Things you can do to stabilize it are the detail settings of course, but you can also configure (not just switch on and off) framerate smoothing, and tweak various other things - have a look here. Dunno bout Gears of War, that's a different game

About other controllers, I don't know because I haven't tried and I'm certainly not tempted to abandon my trusty mouse/kb setup, but searching gave me this thread, maybe this helps? You'll have to change some ini files to enable joystick controls. It seems somebody reached the top 10 with a 360 controller too, so if you're comfortable with that it's certainly a way to go.

Comment

hmmm, thanks alot.

Comment

Working...
      X