question about online?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question about online?

how doese the ranking system work....e.g. cod 4 u start at private and then move to private 1st class and so on thank you for your help

Originally posted by goodster View Post
    how doese the ranking system work....e.g. cod 4 u start at private and then move to private 1st class and so on thank you for your help
    what ranking system?

Comment

sorry i am new to unreal is there any type of ranking system and is it clan base friendly

Comment

There's no ranking system akin to the ones in CoD or BF. You don't unlock stuff with ranks, you don't get a particular named rank, there are no benefits for playing more than others, just for playing better than others - and the main benefit of that is, you win more.

There is a leaderboard, working with an Elo system, that gives everybody an idea where they stand compared to others, and consequently a numerical rank. This means that you can rise and fall in rank without having a different Elo rating, as others change their Elo standing.

I quite like it really, although of course like any ranking system it has shortcomings, it's nowhere near as sucky as others I've seen that just ended up calling for exploits.

Comment

well there is some kind of ranking system ingame and thats your x-fire leader board.
          in de main manu go to comunity, there you will see the leader board. when you click it see everyone who's a buddy in X-fire. and if they play UT3 you will see there scores.

in UT04 ther was an online stats page, till this day there aint one for UT3.

Comment

Originally posted by |BWR|Teddek View Post

in UT04 ther was an online stats page, till this day there aint one for UT3.
            http://www.enemydown.co.uk/ut3search.php

Not nearly as complete as the UT2k4 stats, but it's a start.
            Basically based on the UT3 ingame stats but you don't have to open the game to check your stats. And of course only on servers reporting stats.

Comment

Working...
            X