Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trized View Post
    how many kill makes a monster kill... i still haven't got one
    30 maybe.. i think it's 5 kills per award. so killing spree, rampage, dominating, etc..

5, 10, 15, etc..

Comment

Originally posted by 13th_Disciple View Post
      30 maybe.. i think it's 5 kills per award. so killing spree, rampage, dominating, etc..

5, 10, 15, etc..
      isn't monster kill 6 kills in quick succession (double kill -> multi-kill -> mega-kill -> ultra-kill -> monster kill)

You're thinking of massacre

Comment

I was playing a 4v4 TDM during the UT3 beta demo on Heatray. I had picked up the rocket launcher and run up to the platform with the holographic image on it while loading three rockets. I didn't see a target so I fired them over by the two 25 healths underneath the flak cannon spawn while I dodged towards the shock rifle spawn on the bridge. While I was picking up the shock rifle and heading down to the jump-pad to go get the 50 armor the words "MEGA-KILL" just randomly popped up in the middle of my screen! :-D

Comment

In UT2004 I used to play on this RPG server and i reached some insanely high level and was basically invincible. I'd get MMMMMMMONSTER kills all the time. All i'd ever hear is the announcer constantly saying MMMMONSTER MEGA UNSTOPPABLE MEGA KILL MMMMMMOSTER GODLIKE KILL KILL KILL!

Obviously i was spawn camping

Comment

The time i got a monsterkill with one rippershot and ending my own killing spree along with it.

Comment

What is a rippershot?
              Also, I suddenly think, where is the Ludicrous Kill we had in UT2K4?

Comment

Originally posted by Belgian General View Post
                What is a rippershot?
                Also, I suddenly think, where is the Ludicrous Kill we had in UT2K4?
                UT99 weapon

Comment

Getting Massacre in a LAN party. With just a link gun.

And you'd think people would play smarter...

Comment

the first time when my defence m8 and i were together Godlike on CTF- Citadel (iCTF) and our third guy in base had 2 Kills
                    game ended something 22:0 (yes we raped them and YES we played citadel Bratwurst style in the good ol' days)

and then my first and last tryout match.. i sucked lost and ended up in the best ut iCTF clan i was ever in (sry **** sry gs but you can't replace the old guys )

Comment

I haven't played UT99 in a long time so I can't really recall in much detail any memorable moments I had while playing that game right now. In UT3 a week or two ago I was playing on Floodgate. I went to the other team's base in a viper and got a mega kill (or ultra kill, can't remember for sure) with just one swipe of the viper. Nothing special but it was pretty funny. I actually got an ultra kill with the viper but I'm not sure if it was with one swipe or with a second swipe of the viper.

Comment

The First time i killed someone...3.3 minutes in on my Fist every play on UT3, and of the UT series.

I accidently locked on with 3 rocket launcher missiles...

Comment

My favourite shot so far was shooting a moving raptor near the centre of the map in the goliath from the tank node on Torlan.

Eagle Eye indeed!

Comment

I laughed my *** off my first day playing the UT2004 demo. Basically I took a scorpion to the middle node in Torlan and came under attack by someone on the ground really quick. I tried firing the webbing at him but it was no use so I thought I'd try the alternate fire (which I didn't know what it did at the time) and saw the blades cut his head off. It was so freakin hilarious at the time that I had to quit because I couldn't play while laughing so hard.

Comment

OP - That's a hard one.

I began playing UT during the demo stages of early 99' - Iirc, the 'old' minigun sound was nothing short of awesome!

So yes, that would have to be my memorable bit.

Comment

The map was Torlan. My team was getting trashed, and I was determined to save the day. An enemy Goliath piloted by a pair of impossibly accurate players was the main culprit, so I made it my mission to remove it.

A complacent enemy had abandoned a badly damaged Scorpion near the base, so I seized it and used nearby cliffs and trees to cover my advance on the Goliath. When the time was right, I hit the booster and surged over a natural ramp in the terrain, which allowed me to corkscrew down on top of the Goliath while its gunner could only spray bullets in vain. The tank survived, but then I landed on top of it and, being the hardest of the hardcore, finished it off with my Impact Hammer.

The resulting blast combined with the force of the Hammer propelled me high into the air, where I grappled a friendly Raptor and used the momentum of a wide swing to launch myself the rest of the distance to the central tower, sniping a few enemies and an incoming Avril on the way. On the tower I found a Redeemer, and fired it towards the enemy core, despite the fact that they still held their prime node.

Then I made a leap of faith, landed deftly atop a passing enemy Cicada, and surfed it down towards the prime. There, I dismounted with my jump boots, spun in mid-air and erased the Cicada with an Avril. An enemy orb carrier was kind enough to break my fall, while the Cicada's remains flattened a guy manning the turret. I nailed the two remaining defenders with tidy headshots, grabbed our own orb (which had just been dropped by a hapless team mate), and secured the node just in time for the Redeemer to plunge into the enemy core.

The few survivors who'd witnessed the spectacle then died of pure awe, and died so hard that they couldn't even respawn while I strode in and finished the core my my enforcer.

Comment

Working...
                                X