No announcement yet.

Jumping & Wall-Dodging, could use some help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK thx for the usefull input. i'm almost getting there...

have'nt been practisingen the lift jump but i'll give that a try when i can manage a desent wall-doge.

i noticed i cou'ld'nt make these jumps'but UT is full of sneaky jumps en tricks. so i need the manage these movement so i can use them all over UT

Comment

Originally posted by |BWR|Teddek View Post
      OK thx for the usefull input. i'm almost getting there...

have'nt been practisingen the lift jump but i'll give that a try when i can manage a desent wall-doge.

i noticed i cou'ld'nt make these jumps'but UT is full of sneaky jumps en tricks. so i need the manage these movement so i can use them all over UT
      And once you get the wall-dodging and lift jump down you can start on impact hammer jumps A favorite of mine is going from the rocket/amp area in Sentinel over to, and landing on, the shield belt with an impact hammer dodge.

Comment

yea you can do that with a doublejump and a walldodge. I can do the ones marked as the yellow and blue lines, But the green one is just way to hard for me.

i think i figured it out.

a clan mate said he coud spot me from a distance becouse of my jumping. alll other player were doging to the left and right. i noticed me clan mate was doing the same thing...we both must have looked like demented rabbits on that server

thats when it hit me...its a dubble jump against the wall and the a doge with de A (for left) or D (for right) to doge of the wall!

am i correct?
        Yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by FlashIV View Post
          And once you get the wall-dodging and lift jump down you can start on impact hammer jumps A favorite of mine is going from the rocket/amp area in Sentinel over to, and landing on, the shield belt with an impact hammer dodge.
          yea heard about that. im gonna try that to!

Comment

Originally posted by nthexwn View Post
            I was screwing around on CTF-Reflection trying out those green/blue jumps when I found something much more useful!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csYj_XEZI04

Never seen that one before, very nice!

Gotta try that for myself now :P

Comment

WOOOT i GOT IT!!!

i need a bit more practise to make it a second nature, but i know how to do it and that makes it all the wall-dodging a lot easier.

my tip of the day:
              you get the biggest wall-dodge when you dodge (with A or D) exactley after you dubble jumped.

Comment

Originally posted by FlashIV View Post
                A favorite of mine is going from the rocket/amp area in Sentinel over to, and landing on, the shield belt with an impact hammer dodge.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQlw2EkpBg4

WOOOT i GOT IT!!!

i need a bit more practise to make it a second nature, but i know how to do it and that makes it all the wall-dodging a lot easier.

my tip of the day:
                you get the biggest wall-dodge when you dodge (with A or D) exactley after you dubble jumped.
                Glad to see you've figure it out! :P

Comment

Redirect the jump after dodging the wall is tricky.

Anyone got any idea about much do you turn your camera for the direction to refract?

Comment

Originally posted by Ahura View Post
                    Redirect the jump after dodging the wall is tricky.

Anyone got any idea about much do you turn your camera for the direction to refract?
                    if your talking about the yellow arows i have to agree that is a tricky part but i noticed that when you make correct jump/dodge you'll get the highest leap.

try to hit the wall at the higest point of you 2e jump. keep in mind that moment comes very quick end this meansyou dont have to jump very far to the other side. if im correct you all ready started to button bash the A or D directrly after you dubble jumped. then try to look at the closest point to land on.

thats how is do it

Comment

How exactly do you do the Green paths?

Comment

Originally posted by Ahura View Post
                        How exactly do you do the Green paths?
                        The green paths are the hardest to do. What you have to do is double jump towards the corner then wall-dodge right at the corner. Dodge too soon and you won't make it around the corner. Dodge too late and you won't dodge at all. It'll take a lot of practice to learn. Still trying to learn this one myself.

Comment

i'm not even trying the green ones anymore im happy with the fact i know who to wall doge and atm im trying to get used to my new playing abilities.

Comment

Tried and tried cant pull it off.

Comment

Originally posted by Centurion View Post
                              Tried and tried cant pull it off.
                              keep trying, it took me long to manage the blue path.
                              i managed to do the yellow path before, but never made it in the heat of battle. so a week ago i took half an hour on an empty server and now its 50/50.

Comment

Working...
                              X