Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jumping & Wall-Dodging, could use some help

first i'd like to say HI!
    been folloing this forum for weeks and have been playing UT3 for a couple of months.

next up is my jumping problem:

im getting pretty good in shooting and jumping etc. but i cant seem to make any big jumps and wall-dodges to get a short-cut or to get to an higher level.
    the problem is jumping against and off walls. i've been practising the next sreenshots on the map reflections. this is the way i have seen other players do it but till now its been useless...

whats the trick?

[shot]http://forum.clan-beware.nl/uploads/1202163280/gallery_1241_26_840.jpg[/shot]

[shot]http://forum.clan-beware.nl/uploads/1202163280/gallery_1241_26_156092.jpg[/shot]

[shot]http://forum.clan-beware.nl/uploads/1202163280/gallery_1241_26_124170.jpg[/shot]

[shot]http://forum.clan-beware.nl/uploads/1202163280/gallery_1241_26_199331.jpg[/shot]

[shot]http://forum.clan-beware.nl/uploads/1202163280/gallery_1241_26_213233.jpg[/shot]

I´m not sure but its probably wall-dodge.
    You jump towards the wall, and right when you touch the wall you dodge, like you normally would, in the direction opposite of the wall.

Comment

The main thing to be aware of is that your vertical momentum is preserved at the time that you do a walldodge. This means that you get the greatest boost from the walldodge immediately after your first or second standard jump.

The key to the flag bridge jumps is to jump at the very edge of the platform, double jump at the end of the available timeframe (you'll have gone farther by the time you get your second jump in), and then to immediately walldodge after the second jump to preserve your vertical momentum.

Hope this helps!

Comment

wall-doging it is. it looks easier then it is thats for shure. thx for sharing

Comment

The blue arrow is the best one to start with to get a feel for when you're at the peak of your second jump to walldodge.

For the flag bridge jump, yellow arrows, aim for just next to the dragons on the pillar. It helps to almost look straight at the pillar when you wall dodge. Practice in front a wall and side dodge to get an idea of what angles will work. If you look straight at the wall, you won't dodge.

The green arrow one is the hardest as you have to time it so you dodge right at the corner. I haven't been able to do any trick jumps involving them.

Comment

no help here, i have a hard time wall dodging for good effect too - but great thread!
            hopefully more like this continue for everyone to figure out some of the trickier maneuvers in the game

Comment

I was screwing around on CTF-Reflection trying out those green/blue jumps when I found something much more useful!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csYj_XEZI04

Comment

Originally posted by AcidVenom View Post
                The blue arrow is the best one to start with to get a feel for when you're at the peak of your second jump to walldodge.

For the flag bridge jump, yellow arrows, aim for just next to the dragons on the pillar. It helps to almost look straight at the pillar when you wall dodge. Practice in front a wall and side dodge to get an idea of what angles will work. If you look straight at the wall, you won't dodge.

The green arrow one is the hardest as you have to time it so you dodge right at the corner. I haven't been able to do any trick jumps involving them.
                ive been practising the blue arrows, it lookseasier than the move with the green arrow.
                and thx for te usefull input on the dragons, and wich way to look when jumping!

@nthexwn:

NICE MOVE!

Comment

Originally posted by nthexwn View Post
                  I was screwing around on CTF-Reflection trying out those green/blue jumps when I found something much more useful!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csYj_XEZI04

Sneaky but that was pretty cool as well

Comment

Originally posted by T@F View Post
                    Sneaky but that was pretty cool as well
                    cool indeed, could be a 100+ gavity serv.

Comment

QUESTION:

do you perform a dubble-jump before hitting the wall?

or is de Doge of the wall the 2e jump?

Comment

i think i figured it out.

a clan mate said he coud spot me from a distance becouse of my jumping. alll other player were doging to the left and right. i noticed me clan mate was doing the same thing...we both must have looked like demented rabbits on that server

thats when it hit me...its a dubble jump against the wall and the a doge with de A (for left) or D (for right) to doge of the wall!

am i correct?

Comment

Originally posted by |BWR|Teddek View Post
                          cool indeed, could be a 100+ gavity serv.
                          Nah it's regular gravity! :-o

Gotta jump while on the lift and it adds the lift momentum to your jump momentum. Practice lift jumping a bit and you'll see that you can get some massive height out of it!

Doubt I could pull that one off in the heat of combat though as it requires some serious precision... :-/

Originally posted by |BWR|Teddek View Post
                          QUESTION:

do you perform a dubble-jump before hitting the wall?

or is de Doge of the wall the 2e jump?
                          Yes, double jump then immediately wall-dodge. If you wait a bit after the second jump then you won't get the vertical boost from it to propel you farther during the dodge. That's the key!

Comment

yeah tried that move on the video as well.. i did it.. but its hard to take the flag with you as well.. i never fail the other jumps on your screenshots, don't know why, cant explain. Just practise till you get the feeling i guess

Comment

Personally I'm a fan of going back and forth from the balcony above the RL in Shangri La to the 50 armor without touching the ground below.
                              Going from the Stinger to the 50 armor in Sentinel is common practice as well.
                              One good dodge will get you from the 25 health on the roof of Sanctuary to the 50 armor platform.
                              Probably well-known, but it's gotta' be new to someone, right?

Comment

Working...
                              X