Motherboard Question on p35 chips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motherboard Question on p35 chips

Does anyone know for sure if p35 motherboards support pci express 2? I have found some contradictary statements from many sites.

I don't know if it supports 2.0 natively, but the 2.0 spec cards do work.

Comment

Nah, I'm pretty sure it doesn't support 2.0. That is one of the USPs for X38/48 afaik....

Comment

No the p35 mobos don't support 2.0 but they will run them on there regular x16 slots I have one of the last p35 boards look down at sig for that. The new boards that support the x38 chip and aboce do have the 2.0 slots.

Comment

Nope they don't. I got MSI P35 FR (one of the bests, hah) and i got standart PCIE.
          But, who need 2.0?
          And P35 is great anyway

Comment

they don't but you only get advantage from these pci-e 2.0 if you are running in crossfire if i'm right.
            and even if you run crossfire it will only be about 5% less performaace.
            but as long as you are running just one card there is no real use in pci-e2

Comment

Originally posted by dangerpaki View Post
              they don't but you only get advantage from these pci-e 2.0 if you are running in crossfire if i'm right.
              and even if you run crossfire it will only be about 5% less performaace.
              but as long as you are running just one card there is no real use in pci-e2
              yea there is no performance loss, they havent made cards that really benefit from 2.0 yet, theyre just trying to buffer the idea of upgrading into the buyers mind, just the AM2+ socket.

Comment

Working...
              X