Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New SkUT3 version ! (mIRC replacement for UT3 server browser)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New SkUT3 version ! (mIRC replacement for UT3 server browser)

=> New post for first released version : http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=607076

Hello !

For those who knows FavUT or SkQ4, you will understand quickly what kind of server browser mIRC script SkUT3 is.
    For others, this is a mIRC script which replaces totally the ingame server browser of UT3.
    It allows to display same info with more powerful filters, easier UI etc... and to join the game from IRC without even opening UT3 server browser

My previous look-alike scripts (FavUT for UT2k4 nd SkQ4 for Quake4) were popular among IRC population as it allows to monitor/watch your favorite servers conforably without having to launch the game...
    It interacts aswell with IRC : you can copy/paste IP, see where your mates are playing etc... a bit like Steam (I will add a lot of those features when I will have more time)
    It is very useful for "competitive players" who idle often in IRC
    And it still can be used for "casual players" who can't stand the actual Server Browser and prefer a "ASE-like" server browser

Screenshots :

Check latest versions @ :
    http://skorpsss.free.fr/

SkUT3 is ATM a VERY fast and lite rip of SkQ4's first 2 tabs
    Of Course, I plan to develop it further to reach FavUT and SkQ4 standards...

Why giving this beta now ?
    Because EPIC Patch2 is about to be released and it should fix the "auto join" feature of SkUT3 if I understood correctly
    That should make SkUT3 a lot more usefull !!!

What's new ?

This beta now deals with the retail version of UT3

Auto join a server from IRC without logging/entering IP in the game should work at last with UT3 Patch2 !

I did the whole GameSpy decryption stuff on my own.
    I used Luigi Auriemma's gslist sources but rewrote totally the decryption algorithm. (Big greetings to Luigi who helped me to understand his sources !)

I added a "refresh" feature in masterserver options so you are not forced to query the last updated masterserver from GameSpy at each time.

I added a "retry failed servers" so as to retry failed servers (hehehe) ... it may be usefull when a server didn't appear only because of changing map
    That way you can check very quickly if those "failed servers" are up again.

I added quickly a smart IP catch

I fixed a few bugs

I tested it in mIRC 6.16 and mIRC 6.3
    I hope it should work for all version above 6.16

Plz tell me the bugs of that beta in forum so I can fix them quickly.
    Don't be too harsh if nasty bugs remains as I haven't been able to do a lot of tests by myself coze of critical lack of time...

Have fun !

SkorpSSS

nothing works... dead link.

Comment

The first link didn't work for me. The three skorpsss links worked fine.

Comment

now they do

Comment

So what exactly does it do? as I understand it, its a plugin for mIRC to watch the server browser?

Comment

Originally posted by Taboen View Post
            So what exactly does it do? as I understand it, its a plugin for mIRC to watch the server browser?
            Sorry if I am not been clear on the topic.
            I posted it as if everyone knew about my previous scripts.
            I edited the topic to make it more clear !
            In one word, except if you find the ingame server browser awesome, try this script !!!

Comment

That looks completely and totally without a doubt.....awesome!!!

Thanks skorpsss.

Comment

if this is working how i hope... i love you to death

ps i test as soon as possible (after work -.-)

Comment

Works great, like the one made for ut2k4

Comment

Great!! A lot easier (i think dling now :P)

Comment

i think im doing something wrong, all seems to be installed as per the install instructions. it asked me for my login id & password on start up, i added all my fav servers. but when i select a server from the list, it dont join the server straight off, instead it brings me to the ut3 main menu. then i have to select the server again from the server browser.

any ideas what i may have done wrong ?

Comment

Originally posted by Zealot View Post
                        i think im doing something wrong, all seems to be installed as per the install instructions. it asked me for my login id & password on start up, i added all my fav servers. but when i select a server from the list, it dont join the server straight off, instead it brings me to the ut3 main menu. then i have to select the server again from the server browser.

any ideas what i may have done wrong ?
                        I think you haven't done anything wrong.
                        It is just that it will work only with UT3 patch 1.2 and I guess you haven't it yet
                        As Patch 1.2 was imminent I relealed the script to get benefit of this patch.
                        Just wait a few days for patch release and it will work then

Comment

hi as far as i can see it works realy good as i said i love you to death

but one question how does it work with the Mod? because i'm an Instagib player and it would be nice if i can search for such Server. or is it not in it right now?

Comment

I have updated the script to beta3 (see in front post the new link)

Added feature :
                            - IP catch on mIRC
                            - Paste server info to mIRC
                            and a few bugs fixed on "Add IP" button and stuff...

Enjoy

And plz advertise this script if you like it so I will have an existing testers base before the final release

Comment

Thanks skorpsss.. will come in very handy indeed!

Comment

Working...
                              X