TTL for abandoned vehicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TTL for abandoned vehicles

When you abandon a vehicle, how long does it stay around before resetting to it's original spawn location?

That makes me wonder, what's TTL short for?

Comment

Sorry, it stands for time to live.

Comment

I think TTL gets reset occasionally if people get close enough to the vehicle/look at it/link-heal it/use it. Not sure when each of those comes into effect.

Comment

I always thought vehicles remain where they are left until destroyed before they respawn, not sure though.

Comment

It have some relationship with how damage they are, i think. Its not the first time that i hijacked (sp?) an enemy vehicle with his last health bar and just after that i stopped in a safe spot for healing it and then boooom!!! no vehicle anymore

Comment

Badly damaged vehicles will always explode if you jump out for a moment. Returning to base is different, though, and I think it works as Xyx described. So long as you keep interacting with an empty vehicle belonging to your team (healing it, ramming it, etc) it seems to stay put. When left alone with no one nearby the timer for resetting seems pretty short.

Comment

I would say three hops. Depends if a server in china is involved.

Comment

Originally posted by AlienMind View Post
                  I would say three hops. Depends if a server in china is involved.
                  rofl......

Comment

Smoking and (especially) burning vehicles will lose health slowly.

Comment

Working...
                    X