So Anybody Tried SP1 for Vista Yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Anybody Tried SP1 for Vista Yet?

I hear it's been released to vendors but it won't be released via update manager until March.

Anybody tried it out yet? Change list?

interestingk

Comment

It's not officially out yet.

Release is set for somewhere in march.

And I do hope it fixes alot, might be bothered to try and use vista then.

Comment

Originally posted by Insidiae View Post
        And I do hope it fixes alot, might be bothered to try and use vista then.
        I'm having relatively few problems on Vista 64-bit, but I hope this addresses the ones I am experiencing.

Comment

Using it now.

Don't have much time to try anything out but installation took forever. So far everything's running perfectly normal...

Comment

If you want to see what's in the service pack, then take a look here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en

Comment

I'm using the SP1 RC - everything works as before, no speed gained for games.

Comment

Here is an interesting tidbit about Service Pack 1 for Vista

http://www.apcmag.com/7960/microsoft..._kernel_in_SP1

Comment

http://exo-blog.blogspot.com/2007/11...nce-gains.html

Comment

just installed SP1 on my somewhat outdated notebook and i noticed aero performance improvements, as well as copying files faster, checking for updates in windows updates was a lot faster, and this was only in 5min of testing or so.

i don't use the notebook for games so can't really test ut3, but i wouldnt expect too much improvements in gaming, tbh. i think this is probably more focused on the OS itself and compatibility issues of sorts?

Comment

More Info:

Why you can't have Vista SP1 yet

Comment

anyone happen to know if this fixes the nvlddmkm.dll crash that i and so many people have had with Vista 64bit?

i had everything running really good when i had Vista except for that **** bsod.

Comment

I installed it with the slipstream ISO that MS provides and went back to XP64 two days later. It's still full of plenty of bugs and glitches. Some of which should have been fixed but were placed in the "By design" or "Will not fix" catagories.

If you've kept your Vista updated to this point then SP1 will offer you nothing extra. Game performance still suffers too.

I'm glad MS sent me my copy free of charge because Vista is not something I would have ever paid to use.

Comment

i using vista 32 and i have sp1 rtm and i have to say my vista is running alot better ie transfering files pc running faster checking updates faster and games are running faster ut3 works a hell of alot better for me ie sound was stuttering when the level was loading for me and the guy has talking was a constantstutter but now its more or less barely there and the game runs as smooth as anything with all settings on max. i would recommend sp1 rtm if you are using vista 32 only thing it took about 40 mins to install but after install do a clean up on your drive c:/ you will gain about 10 gb on your primary drive after all the temp files and hibernating files that the service pack creates when it is installing. also my memory only used to show up in the system as 3.25 gb of ram but now after sp1 rtm i have all 4 gb showing in system properties high 5

Comment

Running SP1 on Vista x64, took an AGE to install but other than that working a treat, file copy speed has boosted loads and it fixed my dissapearing/reappearing DVD-RW issue.

So all in all its good for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X