Campaign bots suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Campaign bots suck

I'm playing it in Hard and teammate bots truly suck in campaign mode.

[shot]http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/7272/23328318sq3.jpg[/shot]

Seriously, it's really annoying to lose a round just because your teammates are clueless. I barely won this one, as you can see... And my teammate actually had a score of -1 at one point -_-

Maybe they could make them a little better in a patch, cause this is ridiculous xD

EDIT: Wow... You can't post images in this forum??

Campaign was miserable due to the overall retardation of the bots. I had to switch to casual for all the warfare maps

Comment

They are improving bot AI massively in the upcoming patch, including a few Warfare specific fixes.

You can post images, you just have to surround it with [ SHOT ] [ /SHOT ]
      minus the spaces

Comment

Originally posted by bclagge View Post
        They are improving bot AI massively in the upcoming patch, including a few Warfare specific fixes.
        The actual AI is good, they're not that bad when you're not playing the campaign. The problem is that in the campaign they deliberately made the teammates terrible so it would feel like a singleplayer campaign. That would be fine (We don't want them to be too good, since that would mean the campaign might be too easy: you could just help a little and your teammates would be able to do the job on their own...), as long as they actually helped a little, but sometimes they're more of an annoyance (You have to take care of them, or just pray so they won't get killed too much, since that's free kills for the enemy team).

Originally posted by bclagge View Post
        You can post images, you just have to surround it with [ SHOT ] [ /SHOT ]
        minus the spaces
        Oh, nice

It's usually "img" in most forums, so I assumed it was the same here...

Comment

this has been raised many many times. and its completely true. the bots suck hard.

Comment

If you got anyone to play with, I would strongly suggest playing together with them trough the campaign. Compared to playing with bots I used less than half the time to get to the same point as I had come playing alone

Comment

Yeah I agree, the bots really suck, see this pic:

[shot]http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee299/Ronnievdl/UT3/Campaignbotssuck.jpg[/shot]

This was on INSANE mode. Yeah this IS really insane, I won this match in 3 minutes....
              Ignore Bishop's higher score, he was camping.. Camper... XD

Comment

Of course bots suck, if you're a halfway decent player and have a good connection, go and play online tbh. We need you. :P >_>

/SCNR

Comment

The bots don't suck in instant action. (but still doesn't beat playing against real players..)

But the bots in campaign mode are so bad, even on insane mode!

Comment

I sometimes wish I could play the "Tactical Diversion: enemy team loses two players" card on my own team just so Othello and Bishop wouldn't be there to give away 20+ free frags.

Comment

Originally posted by D2F[Leo] View Post
                      Of course bots suck, if you're a halfway decent player and have a good connection, go and play online tbh. We need you. :P >_>

/SCNR
                      Nah, I mean teammate bots. Enemy bots are fine, I'm playing in Hard and they're quite decent; specially when you have to kill all of them on your own since your team bots suck

Comment

I started in hard mode when I got UT and the enemy bots seemed to have very good heads on their shoulders, but mine sucked. My problem was that the bots are aimbots and also have a nack where they can one-shot me with any weapon from long-range. I love the general AI levels for enemy bots, but teammates are retards, and all bots on every machine I have played on seem to snap to you instantly at all ranges and pull off crazy shots.

Enemy AI: Good
                        Friendly AI: Sucks
                        Aiming AI: Better than a human with an aimbot

Comment

I don't think there are any particular tweaks that make teammates worse then the enemy. I think the problem is is that you're on the team. Having a human captain tends to stuff them up a bit (one of them is assisting you, the rest can't attack right). Add in the fact that most campaign maps have more enemy bots then teamates.

What really frustrates me is when a teammate grabs the orb. Yes, I KNOW that the countdown node is blue, at like count 15 and I have to take it out, but Othello just grabbed the freaking orb from right in front of me. Grrr!!

Comment

Working...
                          X