Team Randomization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Team Randomization

It doesn't seem that teams are random from map to map on WAR servers.

Is this me just not noticing that they are random or is it true? If so that is a bad design decision... keeping teams between matches is fine for clan matches but sucks on pubs because you end up with mismatched teams map after map = total boredom, win or lose.

This is fixed in the new patch that should be coming out shortly...

Comment

Great, thanks for the info

Comment

We'll need to check with the 2nd patch, and I haven't had the chance yet.

The change log says

"Auto team re-balancing before map transition if bPlayersBalanceTeams is set."

There is a chance that this simply means checking for equal player numbers. It might not mean actually mixing up the teams. Just need to jump online with patch 2 and check it out.

If it just balances team numbers, then you can still end up with one team dominating another map after map. Hopefully it does more, at least a random shuffle if nothing else, we just need to watch and see what it's doing.

Comment

random shuffle would be a good start at least... hopefully itll do something more like balancing based on scores or ratios from the previous games.

Comment

Originally posted by UnrealGrrl View Post
            random shuffle would be a good start at least...
            Man, I hope not. I have always played on the Blue team since even before UT99! (talking Quake here) After all these years, my brain has been completely hardwired to "shoot Red guy" and nothing else. Being forced to play on Red, even if they are winning all night, would be very traumatic.

Comment

I do hope so, its one of my main gripes about the game. As for the new patch it was my understanding it was only for making the teams Even not making them random...

As for changing team colours, they should be a option for "prefered Team colour" like previous titles, buts it no guarantee that you will stick to that team colour

Comment

Working...
              X