No announcement yet.

Comparing video cards..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

do your own benchmarks, try 3dmark, the ut3 benchmarking utility, and any other games benchmark, and find out which one is better in your system

dont forget to report any findings back to us!

Comment

I run UT3 at 100% maxed settings, all graphics jacked up and full post-processing on my 7900GS at 640x512, 60+ FPS constant. Running at my monitor's native 1280x1024 drops it to its knees, though. Resolution is the biggest factor in framerate here. But I'll be honest. I don't think I'll be needing to upgrade my video card to enjoy this game.

Comment

Originally posted by Devil_Spawn View Post
        do your own benchmarks, try 3dmark, the ut3 benchmarking utility, and any other games benchmark, and find out which one is better in your system

dont forget to report any findings back to us!
        Don't I have to pay for 3dMark?

Comment

There's a freeware version of 3dMark. It doesn't do everything the full version does, but it will benchmark just fine. You can find it at the official page I'm sure.

Comment

Originally posted by oldkawman1 View Post
            yes, for UT3 it is, but not for HD DVD playback.
            [/url]
            hd dvd is dying fast. bluray has almost won, I wouldn't get a drive for either yet though, because most people wouldn't be using them for quite a while and the prices have no where to go but down. I guess if your pc is what you use to play movies then it'd be justified though.

Comment

Working...
            X