Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damm nice mobo(damm expensive)!!!

Check it out http://www.tomshardware.com/2008/02/...ltrail_part_1/

Whoa it even has 2 hamster wheels, but I don't see where you put their food and water.

Pretty sweet though.

Comment

That's crazy lookin'!

Comment

It says support for 4 GPUs, but I only see room for 2?

Comment

If you read to the end it only supports FB memory so it seriously underperforms, no point having 20 cpus if your RAM sucks for games

Comment

That mobo is like the extreme-OMFGWTFROFLMAOLOLZ-gamer-mobo. Two cpu's I like, but 4 pcieX16 slots and those fb-dimm's I don't like

Just for $#!|$ and giggles I once checked out apples site and messed around trying to max out a mac pro to see how expensive I could make an apple computer be. Turns out its about[been awhile I forget] $10,000 to about $12,000 with about half the money going to just ram. Something like 4gb per stick total 16gb of ram

Oh my I just checked their site again, and they now offer 8x4gb==32gb of ram for a paltry $9100 Xp Decking it out with every usless thing they offer and the grand total sky rockets to $24,610 For whatever reason they like ati 2600xt with only 256 mb of ram since that is the only card they offer for multiple gpu with up to 4 of them in crossfire Xp *clicks on the quadro FX for an extra 2grand* $27,260 hooyah~~~~

Comment

Plays Crysis at 57 fps.....if you run at 1024 x 768.

Performance jumps are not at all that great for current games if you look at current benches on the net. Maybe things will improve slighlty when more mature drivers are released over time.

My opinion? Not worth it.

Comment

Wow! A board that will finally run Vista smoothly!

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainZap View Post
                  Wow! A board that will finally run Vista smoothly!
                  No prob running Vista on my E6600, what r u on!!!
                  Besides, only Windows Server will take full advantage of the 2 processors (NOT THE CORES). XP, Vista are not designed for them....

Comment

Originally posted by ProjectUT View Post
                    No prob running Vista on my E6600, what r u on!!!
                    Besides, only Windows Server will take full advantage of the 2 processors (NOT THE CORES). XP, Vista are not designed for them....
                    Just testing my trolling skills. Looks like I still got it!

Comment

Ya nice mobo, But I rather have a server motherboard that I can populate the server mobo with 16 gigs of ram.

Comment

Originally posted by Grinchy View Post
                        Whoa it even has 2 hamster wheels, but I don't see where you put their food and water.
                        LOL!

I thought everything was supposed to start getting smaller.

Comment

Yea I`d like to think so too,, lol
                          Those hamster wheels does the job right too, just a pitty that mobo cant take more ram tho, but it performs like hell, I think if a game supports multi core it will support the 2x quad cpu`s, am I speeking correct here?

Originally posted by Flak View Post
                          LOL!

I thought everything was supposed to start getting smaller.

Comment

Not sure there still is no game that fully uses dual core let alone quad core, as stated before because of that it (atleast at this time) won't perform on your games much better then current setups do, weird it doesn't have more ram slots or something..

I got that hamsterwheel aswell unfortunately the water supply was abit too expensive so I figured I'd give the hamsters some 'toys' instead

Comment

it sure is perty

Comment

Working...
                              X