PC question about charactor unlock codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PC question about charactor unlock codes

How do you get these character unlock codes? Do you get them by beating the single player campaign like in ut2k4?

You ask for them on the forums =P

I can't remember offhand. Try google.

Comment

I know that Alana's unlock code is "phayder"

Comment

Does unlockallchars unlock every player, or just some?
        I already did the above via the F10 key, but have not checked if I have all as seen here.
        http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=601745

Comment

Originally posted by Corey View Post
          Does unlockallchars unlock every player, or just some?
          I already did the above via the F10 key, but have not checked if I have all as seen here.
          http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=601745
          unlockallchars will unlock MOST of them, but NOT all.

Kensai, Talan, and the unknown Liandri will not unlock as they are not entirely finished characters. Here's what you'll need for them:

Kensai: Find his name in UTCustomChars.ini and either just change bLocked="true" to false, or copy-paste this over it to have a bio and an outfit closer to what he wears in screenshots.
          Code:
          Characters=(CharName="Kensai",Description="A long-time warrior for the Ghost Legion, Kensai usually accompanies new recruits on early missions.",CharID="F",bLocked="false",Faction="TwinSouls",PreviewImageMarkup="<Images:UI_Portrait.Character.UI_Portrait_Character_TwinSouls_Male_Head04>",CharData=(FamilyID="TWIM",HeadID="A",TorsoID="A",ShoPadID="D",bHasLeftShoPad=true,bHasRightShoPad=true,ArmsID="B",ThighsID="A",BootsID="A"))
          Talan: You'll need to unlock him (as above) and tell him which portrait to use. All I've changed is the locked status, portrait image and bio, so you can find him in the code and copy this on top of it.
          Code:
          Characters=(CharName="Talan",Description="A soldier for hire for most of his life, Talan has joined the high-risk missions provided by Axon's Iron Guard team to forget his transgressions through death.",CharID="I",bLocked="false",Faction="Ironguard",PreviewImageMarkup="<Images:UI_Portrait.Character.UI_Portrait_Character_Ironguard_Male_Head04>",CharData=(FamilyID="IRNM",HeadID="D",GogglesID="A",HelmetID="A",TorsoID="A",ShoPadID="A",bHasLeftShoPad=false,bHasRightShoPad=false,ArmsID="A",ThighsID="A",BootsID="C"))
          Liandri:
          Code:
          Parts=(Part=PART_Head,ObjectName="CH_Corrupt_Male.Mesh.SK_CH_Corrupt_Male_Head05",PartID="E",FamilyID="LIAM")
          ^ to unlock his head
          Code:
          Characters=(CharName="Corrosion",Description="Level 9 security clearance required.",CharID="N",bLocked="false",Faction="Liandri",PreviewImageMarkup="<Images:UI_Portrait.Character.UI_Portrait_Character_Liandri_Male_Head05>",CharData=(FamilyID="LIAM",HeadID="E",TorsoID="A",ShoPadID="A",bHasLeftShoPad=True,bHasRightShoPad=true,ArmsID="C",ThighsID="A",BootsID="A"),AIData=(Accuracy=0.4,StrafingAbility=1.0,Tactics=1.0,Jumpiness=0.25,FavoriteWeapon="UTGame.UTWeap_Stinger"))
          ^ an arbitrary character created using that head, designed to look like the bot on the far right in the Liandri image on the faction select screen. Copy both these lines and put them in near the bottom of the ini file, right before the Faction info stuff. I like to list the Parts after the characters, but I don't think it makes a difference.

Incidentally, the other code is Jihan.

Comment

Thanks Shadow, will give this a try later.

Comment

kinda stupid the way it work... Why it's not all unlocked after the single player?

There's a lot of EPIC FAILURE around this game... Well this game's an EPIC FAILURE itselfe I think... It's kinda sad cause I play since ut99/2k3/2k4 and this is the first one I hate and beleive me I'M TRYING HARD TO LOVE IT BUT I JUST CAN'T...

Comment

Working...
              X