UT3 is more fun than UT2k4... for us anyway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 is more fun than UT2k4... for us anyway

Been having some LAN gatherings playing UT2k4 and UT3, and we really like UT3. The warfare mode and the new vehicles really make it a lot of fun.

Warfare really blends assault and onslaught well, and it sorta makes a more interesting assualt because you can play tug of war, instead of just advancing to the next point like in assault. Onyxcoast is a lot of fun, trying to get the leviathan over the bridge, or trying to take out the bridge when the leviathan is crossing.

Then the hoverboards are sweet too, especially in VCTF. Grabbing onto a fury and getting launched to the other side of the map is great, even if you don't survive, the flag does.

The deathmatch is a little slower, the manta seems little too controlable, and I do miss the dodge jump, but we love it anyways.

sounds like you guys are having a blast... glad to hear it... can't wait til I get my grubby little hands on a copy... but I was curious if this thing had a duo duel mode like in halo 3... doubles i think they called it.. I think that'd be really fun to play like 2/3/5 man teams

Comment

Backstab, they do, it's Team Deathmatch. Just find a room with a 4, 6 or 10 man cap and there ya go.

Lighthawk I agree! I love UT3 more than I ever loved UT2004, and I think UT2004 is great! Personally, I won't be missing the dodge-jump. I thought it was cumbersome. UT3 movement style is fantasic! Fast paced, in-your-face action!

Comment

UT3 is the best game I have ever played. It's just severely lacking in some respects =(

Comment

yeah i play alot of vCTF, but they could use a few more maps...I dont think ive played any custom vCTF maps yet. Havent seen a sever with custom ones either.

it would be nice to have smaller teams of 4 or less like Backstab suggested. In games like Halo, it feels more like a race to get 1st, which is a rush in its own way. Tho it wouldnt be traditional UT, but maybe its time for a change? It has changed a large amount already.

Comment

That's a server option. There are some servers out there with small player counts.

Comment

Awesome!!!

UT3 is fun along with all the other UTs.

Comment

Originally posted by MTL View Post
                yeah i play alot of vCTF, but they could use a few more maps...I dont think ive played any custom vCTF maps yet. Havent seen a sever with custom ones either.

it would be nice to have smaller teams of 4 or less like Backstab suggested. In games like Halo, it feels more like a race to get 1st, which is a rush in its own way. Tho it wouldnt be traditional UT, but maybe its time for a change? It has changed a large amount already.
                Yea we're looking forward to more maps from Epic, but the community is really coming along too. Invasion was always fun in UT2k4 and we're looking forward to the new invasion mod.

Hopefully Epic will support UT3 as much as they did UT2k4 and release a lot of stuff for it.

Comment

Aah Onyx Coast. Why, just a few weeks ago I drove it across the bridge but suddenly the bridge was de-activated and bye bye Levi. So dam funny for me to watch, I wish I recorded it.

Comment

Ya, I am having a blast with UT3 DM, thats pretty much all i got it for, and i love it... never doubted it. I could never get used to Ut2004 DM - just wasnt for me; This time they got it right too bad ppl dont appreciate enough\

Comment

TDM in UT3 is ownage.. warfare on the other hand.. the whole concept of ons/war just doesn't suit this game like it did 2k4.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr3thepooner
                        This time they got it right
                        What is "right" ?

Comment

Originally posted by Benfica View Post
                          What is "right" ?
                          by "right", he means what he likes. Anything that someone else likes but he doesn't is "wrong".

Comment

Originally posted by DeathmooN View Post
                            by "right", he means what he likes. Anything that someone else likes but he doesn't is "wrong".
                            I could go on with a few more half-***** questions if I wanted to start a flamewar. I'm soo tempted ...

Comment

Working...
                            X